The UFC is using Jan as their new Eddie Alvarez... (spoiler)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRASIL WAND

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
During this time where the UFC is struggling to find marketable “stars” on their roster, he’s solely being used to pad Adesanya resume.

Here are the FACTS:

-Jan has been a career journeyman who won a paper belt vs Reyes.

-He already got dusted in a similar style match up by MW Santos simply due to speed, got frustrated into lunging after being ineffective for two straight rounds and got finished with a much quicker counter.

-The UFC themselves don’t believe in Jan, they’re striking while the iron is hot: Rather than risk Jan losing his first title fight to someone like Glover, Jiri, Rakic, etc they’re feeding him to a marketable fighter before he gets exposed.

This is all a parallel of what happened with overachieving journeyman Eddie Alvarez: They fed him to up and coming Conor before he could be exposed by a legit contender.

Don’t act surprised or say @BRASIL WAND didn't warn you like I did with Conor/Eddie.

<{silvanormal}>
ScholarlyAdorableBangeltiger-size_restricted.gif

You are reading into the situation. Not saying some similarities aren't there.

Yea well Jan doesn’t really manage to pull a crowd. Humble, unassuming Polish dude without broad international appeal as the champ is bad business for the UFC.

It’s no coincidence his first LHW title defence is against the MW champion that seems to be a bad matchup for him.

The UFC doesn’t want him to have the belt any longer than necessary. Izzy literally has 10x as much IG followers too.

You have a good point. UFC definitely wants Izzy to win, but let’s not call Jan a paper champion, the guy beat the shit out of a gifted athlete who btw won 3 rounds out of 2 against the GOAT LHW Jones.

I would love to see Jan B against Jones (if he beats Izzy) It will be the biggest test for Jones since Cormier by far.

izzy gonna have the same gameplan as in the yoel fight. lots of running and kicking.

I sort of hear you.... but I think they just let Izzy challenge whoever he wanted and it was Jan for the LHW belt.

Conor was in no way shape or form a lock to beat Eddie. That's what made his performance so incredible. He did that to fucking Eddie Alvarez man

On paper Eddie was a nightmare match up for Conor.

But anyone who knew anything about Eddie's fighting habits knew he was setting himself up to lose.

Eddie has a good wrestling base but he never uses it. He has some great offensive boxing skills, but employs no defense.

He went into the fight trying to turn it into a slobberknocker and he got pinpoint countered multiple times early when Conor is dangerous.

So Eddie fighting like Eddie was never a hopeful betting odd.

izzy gonna have the same gameplan as in the yoel fight. lots of running and kicking.
Hmm... i'm not sure if i agree.
Yoel's the faster guy and was a southpaw (who Izzy always somewhat struggles with, compared to orthodox fighters), whereas Jan is a huge guy, but not as fast an unpredictable as Yoel, plus he's orthodox (like prev. implied).

Imo the only problem with jan is that he is old. He has finished people brutally lately, hes got the polish power gimmick going for him and he cuts nice promos.
Does dana want izzy to be a double champ? For sure, but i think if jan and glover were younger he would have made that match up first, and imo he should have. Zombie glover might get rocked and then sub izzy, i think he is a more dangerous fight than jan when it comes to styles, but i do think jan would beat glover.
I do give izzy a slight edge against jan but it all depends on what gameplan jan is going to use.

Conor was in no way shape or form a lock to beat Eddie. That's what made his performance so incredible. He did that to fucking Eddie Alvarez man
Not trying to bash Eddie but in reality he was never that good. Lost a decision to Cowboy, won 2 questionable decisions, was gifted a titleshot because Khabib and Tony were not available and beat a RDA who passed out not long before the fight due to the weight cut, lost to Conor, lost to Porier who he cheated against twice. Justin win was solid though, I cant take that away from the man, he def. showed up and performed that night.

On paper, I see what you're saying, but Eddie was only considered to be a competent enough wrestler against Conor (which was his actual gameplan), though his wrestling was never anything that was special in MMA.

Maybe to the casual fan, but anyone with an eye for the sport knew Alvarez was a hack being set up by the UFC. He’s currently off somewhere getting knocked out in the minor leagues.

I had Conor as a LOCK to win that fight:

Finally...

Connie vs Eddie

Similarly with Chandler in their first fight with Eddie as the champ in Bellator, ending up rocked and submitted against the up and coming guy.

POINT IS Eddie fails to perform when he is EXPECTED to win. Hopefully Mark Henry has made the right adjustments BUT Eddie has put pressure on himself engaging in trash talk with Connie.

Connie needs to let Eddie lead the dance and wait for Eddie to give him an oppening. He is susceptible to left hands as caught by Huerta, Thompson, this random guy ( fight I was there for):

sgl6dc.jpg

So my pick is Eddie rushing Connie to the fence and getting caught for a TKO. He's got a chin BUT if Connie's smart he'll go for broke and finish the job overwhelming him with punches.

Connie via TKO Round 2

During this time where the UFC is struggling to find marketable “stars” on their roster, he’s solely being used to pad Adesanya resume.

Here are the FACTS:

-Jan has been a career journeyman who won a paper belt vs Reyes.

-He already got dusted in a similar style match up by MW Santos simply due to speed, got frustrated into lunging after being ineffective for two straight rounds and got finished with a much quicker counter.

-The UFC themselves don’t believe in Jan, they’re striking while the iron is hot: Rather than risk Jan losing his first title fight to someone like Glover, Jiri, Rakic, etc they’re feeding him to a marketable fighter before he gets exposed.

This is all a parallel of what happened with overachieving journeyman Eddie Alvarez: They fed him to up and coming Conor before he could be exposed by a legit contender.

Don’t act surprised or say @BRASIL WAND didn't warn you like I did with Conor/Eddie.

<{silvanormal}>
ScholarlyAdorableBangeltiger-size_restricted.gif

On top of all of this WHO HAS JAN REALLY BEAT?

He got slept by Santos, a middleweight when he charged forward with his chin out.

His Polish Power couldn't finish a slow plodding 40 year old middleweight Jacarae. He squeaked out a split decision.

He knocked out Corey Anderson an absolute jobber who he already lost to, who actually has a higher KO percentage than him

He knocked out the notoriously chinny middleweight Luke Rockhold who came in bloated and slow after a long ass layoff.

And then of course the KO of Reyes. The unproven rookie who's greatest achievements are knocking out an even more viciously declined middleweight Chris Weidman and a close loss against Jones. Reyes fought Jan toe to toe with awful defence and accumulated damage. A decent win, but in the context of the worst and thinnest men's division in the UFC, an elite fighter that does not make.

LOL @ Jans hands in that combo

Shades of

dbsKRbp.gif

Forrest was also a career journeyman who capitalized of a post-ACL surgery Shogun who gassed in like a few minutes and Jan is easily the worst LHW "champ" since Forrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back