Would it kill the UFC to give guys like Overeem a proper sendoff?

chupacabra5

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Had to find out about Overeem being cut through social media. Couldn’t they have told him before the Volkov fight so he could say something to the fans maybe?

Sure, the UFC is a business, but I can’t see how this would cost anyone anything. Even the shittiest places at which I worked would have something for people that left.

They usually don't interview fighters after a loss anyway, it was actually a measure they put in place after Overeem's loss to Stipe ironically.

I get your point but if he'd have won, I don't think they'd have cut him so they wouldn't have had any need to tell him in advance.

These kind of things have never been part of the UFC, and perhaps should be. But i think in some cases its akward, because theres alotta initial beef between both parties considering they probably didn't want to be cut.

They did make Overeem the fighter of the day over on fightpass a few days ago, so there's that <Lmaoo>

Lol remember the send off Rogan didn't give Goldberg on Mike's last broadcast?

I dunno if it's an official policy or what. Like maybe they are told not to hype anybody leaving the company as its likely they'll end up with a competitor. Or is it just disorganization or the fact that nobody gives a shit? Hard to say but for some reason I'm curious.

Leaning towards them just not giving a shit tbh

BJ? When the Edgar fight was meant to be his last and he got the HOF induction the same weekend?

If only BJ called it quits then.

Yeah, that's half the problem, they do them a retirement send off and then they don't retire, or they retire then unretire.

Same thing happened with Faber.

apparently ufc cant cut fighters after a win and if he did win he would be in title contention and wouldn't get cut.

You mean a proper send off like a guaranteed $800k payday for the last few fights and keeping him active? What else do you want them to do. The Reem is a legend, but I’d say he’s been treated more than fairly.

Some of you young bucks need to stop acting like the world owes you something.

Was he a UFC legend? Was he a star? Was he a champ? No. Overeem should've come to UFC earlier if he wanted to make an impact.

Yes. A UFC legend, a MMA legend and a star. Just see how many people know him and how much he was getting paid.

He could've a send off easy fight headlining some Fight Night card.

For uncle Dana, fighters are trash. They're expendable.

Back