Dominick Cruz said he's healthy and in shape - looking forward to seeing what the GOAT has left

taugrim

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
*BW GOAT

Sherdoggers were bashing Cruz for his saying things about his fight with Cejudo, e.g. he took it coming off injuries to his shoulder and a broken arm bone and that he didn't have a full camp.

To me, if that's the truth then it is what it is. Dom didn't look the same in the Cejudo fight: he didn't look as in shape as in prior title fights and his movement was lacking.

Cruz said he's healthy, no injuries, no dings, and is in shape for his fight on Saturday against Kenney.

I think it is very accurate to say that both Cody and Henry executed very good game plans against Cruz: Cody by pivoting constantly to prevent Cruz from working angles, and Henry by blasting Dom's legs with leg kicks.

That said, if Dom really is in shape and ready, I'm curious to see how much of his prime mobility he still has left, and whether he can frustrate Kenney as he did so many quality fighters before him.

As someone who once disliked Cruz (was a big TAM fan a decade ago) but grew to respect him, let me simply say WAR CRUZ!!!

P.S. great breakdown by BJJ Scout, finally re-posted after the original was copyright-struck by the UFC.

Last edited:
he ain't the goat, but i enjoy watching him fight, good luck to him!

I prefer Dom as a fighter to a commentator.

I wish him well regardless. Hope an OG of the lighter weights can show he has something left in the tank.

Apart from the main event, most excited for this fight and a Cruz victory,

Clearly the 135 goat. You may not like him, you may even find him to be an insufferable dick, but it's hard not to respect what the man has accomplished and overcome in his career

best thing cejudo ever done in his career was kicking this jerk ass
fuck him I hope he loses

Clearly the 135 goat. You may not like him, you may even find him to be an insufferable dick, but it's hard not to respect what the man has accomplished and overcome in his career
Nothing at BW has really topped him taking it to TJ the way he did after an insane string of injuries.

There's a moment where he pivots all the way under a hook and decks TJ—will make it into a killer 2-second GIF later lol

Also thought Dom looked aight against Cejudo before the knockout—Triple C was clearly chopping down his legs, but he made remarkable adjustments in that last round

Back