Media Islam on Leon Edwards being his first ever sparring"I took him down and controlled him"

Joinho10

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Might sound a little disrespectful at first be he says at the end

"He wanted to work on his wrestling and that speaks a lot about his mentality, He was aware of his weaknesses and went to another continent to improve as a fighter"

Islam is one of the best fighters to ever grace the octagon... Knockouts, layoffs, injuries, pulling out of fights and ranked wins be damned. GOAT tier in every aspect. He probably took down and controlled DC and prime Cain on his best day. Legend.

Yea been a shame we have been robbed of so many scraps.

I've listened to him speak before and he seems quite level.

Glad to see him this weekend!

can he speak any slower

Islam is good but no Khabib. I think he will struggle with the better guys because of his chin

Islam could retire today and go down as the greatest in history.
tenor.gif

Islam is good but no Khabib. I think he will struggle with the better guys because of his chin
Yeah, It's definitely a concern but I think he does a great job at not getting hit and if he continues to do that he'll do good against the top.

I fully support most of the shit he gets for pulling out of all these fights and fighting once in like 5 years, but i don't think it's that unlikely that Islam did in fact outwrestle Leon Edwards in Training, especially if this was a younger, less experienced and less skilled version of Leon Edwards.

Edwards is only one weight class above Islam and let's be fair for once: Islam does have fantastic wrestling, i don't think there should be any doubt about that.

Islam would wrestle fuck Leon Edwards if they fought today too, Deron Winn said Islam was the strongest guy he ever wrestled

Back