News Alistair Overeem issues statement on UFC release

Kryptt

⭍ Dead Belt⭍
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Alistair-Overeem-5.png

Former Strikeforce, DREAM and K-1 heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem has issued a statement on his UFC release.

“The final run has come to an end, but what a run it has been,” Overeem wrote. “Looking back at my 10 years in the UFC, this has been the experience of a lifetime. Huge thank you to the entire UFC staff, the fans and all the fighters I came across. Couldn’t have wished for any other better career path. A special thank you to DanaWhite and Lorenzo Fertitta for making everything possible. Fighting for all of you has been such an honor.”

NimbleBrokenAfricanjacana-size_restricted.gif

20f2x4.gif

Win or lose Overeem is a treat!

Classy response by Overeem. As much as I'd like to see him get back on the juice and smash some cans in Japan for old time's sake, he should probably think about calling it a career. He's taken a sickening amount of KO/TKO losses over the last few years.

Godspeed and party on!

All the best to him and hope he retires for good now, well deserved.

Reem should retire
He already had a great career, made a shit load of money, and even though he got some devastating KO losses, he still seems to have his mind right for now.

Agreed, he's a multi millionaire with a family, he doesn't need to be fighting people in a cage anymore. He rode that last big contract out for as long as he could and now he can chill.

As I said in another thread he's more than paid his tribute to the JBG.

Overeem is really a beast, and one of those guys who won over the public perception despite demonstrating, at times, flaws that get other fighters absolutely written off (absolute cock, and horsemeat). I think it goes to show that the MMA community is actually forgiving if fighters change and soldier on. We admire the Reem's tenacity and willingness to go out there and keep trying to find ways to reinvent himself.

T'was a legendary career. Walk into the sunset, Retireem.

I hope that whoever hires him, let's him juice for One last run.

Back