Robberies Galore

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
So this week a fighter got robbed again. Grishin got robbed. And it looks like De La Rosa got robbed. Oh wait a sec, guess who was the judge for those fights, common denominator, Sal D'Amato.

Oh isn't that the same guy who robbed Vieira? And Hansen? And Green? That same guy who gave the fight to GSP against Hendricks? Phil Davis Over Machida? And etc etc?

But in general, it feels like judges are judging fights differently as a whole. There were lots of stupid people in my thread a while back for Vieira fight, and a couple of them mentioned how the judging criteria changed, as if that fucking took place last year or something.

Judging has been traditionally been bad, but it seems to have gotten worse. It feels like they might be placing lot more weight to damage, or perceived damage inappropriately.

I disagree with the Grishin-Jacoby decision but it was way too close to be a robbery.

And De La Rosa got beaten up. I was rooting for her, but she lost that fight.

Robberies are actually relatively rare.

I do 100% support the idea of accountability for judges. Bad judges need to answer for their scores, and someone should make a database of all the judges and all their bad scores.

Neither were robberies. Both were good calls.

Worst card I’ve ever seen was Douglas Crosby 50-45 Edgar over BJ in the first fight. Now that’s a blatant robbery.

Last edited:
Back