Is Adesanya about to change the UFC with a win this weekend?

BrunswickMAF

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
If Adesanya wins and weighs in at 193 lbs do you think this will demonstrate to other fighters that they don't need to cut weight and instead will benefit from not draining themselve the week of the fight?

No. There will always be a belief that bigger is better. Specifically at the lower weight classes.

No one will look at it like that. They would just think izzy was way more skilled. People will always need to cut weight because other people do it.

A guy who naturally weighs 155 not cutting would end up fighting a guy who walks around at 195lb so its too risky.

It will show that if you're really good and you're undefeated, and your style isn't based on KO power, then weight isn't as important.

So Izzy moving up and winning, and/or Jones moving up and winning, will show that unbeaten, skilled fighters don't need to be the heaviest.

But normal fighters below the elite level will still take any advantage they can get.

I’d be shocked if Adesanya loses or even if this fight is competitive. I can’t think of a double champ fight that was ever less exciting than this one

You don’t think giving 20lbs isn’t going to make a huge difference in Jan’s favor?

Listen, I'm going to be blunt. Izzy grew a titty. There's a known link between gyno and steroid usage. This is all known, it's in the news and it's fact. Not unsubstantiated.

AND there was no follow up explanation as he promised, just a secret surgery to remove the growth.

This is on par with Jones popping imo, with a de facto admission of guilt.

This means he might not weigh a lot, but he's strong and fast as hell.

So no, you can't generalize from this. Yes, being weighed down with muscle can make you slower and degrade your cardio, but theres usually a strength gain. Izzy has clearly overcome this tradeoff with peds.

You don’t think giving 20lbs isn’t going to make a huge difference in Jan’s favor?

I sure don’t. Unless Jan plans on tiring Izzy out against the cage and not going for the KO

Adesanya isn't attempting to do anything that hasn't been done before

It is already demonstrated to quite an extend already. Just look at the guys that moved up in the last 5 years like Dustin, Masvidal, Whittaker, Oliveira, Hooker, Burns, Gastelum, even Chiesa. They've all beaten big guys in their devision despite moving up. Weight will always matter to some extend, but these guys have shown that you don't need to be huge in your weightclass to be at the top.

It is already demonstrated to quite an extend already. Just look at the guys that moved up in the last 5 years like Dustin, Masvidal, Whittaker, Oliveira, Hooker, Burns, Gastelum, even Chiesa. They've all beaten big guys in their devision despite moving up. Weight will always matter to some extend, but these guys have shown that you don't need to be huge in your weightclass to be at the top.

But those aren’t 20 lbs jumps

It depends how he approaches the fight, but I believe the fact that Adesanya is a significantly more talented fighter will be the biggest factor. I’m just looking at Jan as a sacrificial lamb in this fight

It depends how he approaches the fight, but I believe the fact that Adesanya is a significantly more talented fighter will be the biggest factor. I’m just looking at Jan as a sacrificial lamb in this fight

Exactly: "Adesanaya is a significantly more talented fighter." From my point of view, Jan's only chance is to take Israel down, and I don't think he will be able to.

I’d be shocked if Adesanya loses or even if this fight is competitive. I can’t think of a double champ fight that was ever less exciting than this one
Your underrating Jan heavy. He made a mistake against Santos, one hes since corrected. This will be competitive.

Your underrating Jan heavy. He made a mistake against Santos, one hes since corrected. This will be competitive.
I hope I’m wrong, but I see Adesanya lighting him up and taking that belt home

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back