Why doesn’t Khabib have more TKOs?

chupacabra5

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Khabib has audibly hard GNP. He has beaten the fuck out of dudes. Why don’t they go out?

I know his opponents are tough, but still. I remember watching the Conor fight amazed that he wasn’t out after some of those shots.

Edit: let me rephrase for the crybabies that got butthurt thinking I was insulting Khabib.

How come, when we all know Khabib hits guys in the ground extremely hard, they don’t go out? We can HEAR that shit.

Last edited:
It's easier to KO someone standing

CMMMMM.jpg

Though in all fairness I've seen Khabib damn near kill people with GNP

MpNY1z5.gif

but Conor was covering up like a baby so a lot of the shots weren't getting through

52930FE4-CC1A-4702-A9D5-F60404BA2C77.gif.d0815f3c2dfbcf619cb1ea072b4179e8.gif

Last edited:
Just be glad that he finished three title challengers in a row. He wasn't bullshitting when he said he could have easily submitted Barboza and Al.

he's death by a thousand stabs instead of a power finisher.
Khabib often gains position until he has his opponents legs trapped and is content wearing them down with gnp. the guys he's fighting are tough as nails and for the majority of his career have been able to weather being tapped on for the 3 rounds he fought for most of his 29 wins. 5 rounds have resulted in extra time to wear them to the point of giving up.

Khabib has audibly hard GNP. He has beaten the fuck out of dudes. Why don’t they go out?

I know his opponents are tough, but still. I remember watching the Conor fight amazed that he wasn’t out after some of those shots.
We get it you hate khabib. So much you keep talking about him

It's easier to KO someone standing

CMMMMM.jpg

Though in all fairness I've seen Khabib damn near kill people with GNP

MpNY1z5.gif

but Conor was covering up like a baby so a lot of the shots weren't getting through

52930FE4-CC1A-4702-A9D5-F60404BA2C77.gif.d0815f3c2dfbcf619cb1ea072b4179e8.gif
Your post was good...until "Conor was coving up lile a baby." What are you supposed to do in that situation?

Your post was good...until "Conor was coving up lile a baby." What are you supposed to do in that situation?
Conor made the right move in that situation I was just poking fun.

Given his limited grappling abilities, covering up and playing dead was by far the best he could have done.

It's because Khabib hits hard but not KO hard. Still does a lot of damage though, that's why he's a volume guy when it comes to GnP. He does his damage with repeated blows.

Bhibster got to the point that he was in so much control that he wanted opponents to opt out by telling them they should .lol- he was like " funin" around unlike the gsp who tried his hardest agsinst much lesser opponents and settled for one sided decision.

RDA and Barboza are tough as nails.

He never really executed GnP on Tibau, Al I, Trujillo.

I don't remember the Healy fight so I won't comment on it, but Healy is a solid grappler.

7 finishes. Not exactly nothing.

Last edited:
kabib has stated the only guy he tried to seriously injure was conor and he felt like it was a mistake to let his mind go there after the fight.
i remember watching it live and seeing kabib going for conors power arm. his money maker. if he got that i think he 100% would have snapped it or tried his best to.

this is like asking why black beast doesn't have more submission wins.

does khabib have KO power ? he can crack but not like gaethje or conor. his reach isn't all that impressive either. so why would he risk boxing if there is a chance he could get caught ? he can just win by grappling without risk.

I’m not a Khabib fan, but when he entered his prime he started finishing fights, at his peak he was head and shoulders above the competition and a lock for the LW GOAT. I honestly wish we would’ve gotten to see another 4-5 fights from him, that would’ve propelled him into the discussion with Fedor, GSP, Siva, JBJ, DJ, ect... I’m of the belief that as he aged the weight cut was what actually retired him, making weight consistently for another few years would’ve brought long term health consequences.

Obviously striking wasn’t his bread and butter, stick to whatever your good at...

They three title challengers were all p4p 10 fighters as well. Khabib was the only man to ever finish 3 top 10 p4p in a row.

Lol no. Are you kidding? Gaethje and Poirier were not in the top 10 p4p when Khabib fought them.

GSP was the real guy who beat 3 guys in a row who were at the top 10 p4p that time. He beat:

Serra, the WW champ in the rematch, 2008
Jon Fitch, consensus #2 WW and #5 p4p on 2008
And BJ Penn, LW champ that time, 2009

All 3 guys were in the top 10 p4p that time.

Conor is the only guy in the top 10 p4p that Khabib beat.

Dustin and Gaethje? Lol. Top 15 or 20 p4p maybe.

Back