Chances Izzy gets stiffened again?

Vegas thinks odds are close. Sherdog poll shows sherdoggers think it's close.

But the most vocal sherdoggers on a day-to-day basis seem to be boisterously pro-Izzy on this one.

Don't be conned by the loudest opinions.

People underestimate how good Izzy's striking resume is. Jan is nowhere near his level of technical striking.
However, Jan is a blackbelt in BJJ and more TST than Izzy at 205.

It's an interesting fight but the chance of Jan winning the standup is very low, even with the power. He knows he has to clinch to have a chance.

Kind of ironic someone called “the spider” talking shit about a kickboxing match

Anderson Silva record in combat sports besides MMA 1-1
(mma 34-11, overall 35-12)
(can’t find any Muay Thai or kickboxing on web)

Israel Adesanya record in combats sports besides MMA 80-6
(MMA 20-0, overall 100-6)

I highly doubt Izzy loses by KO, if Jan gets the win I suspect it’ll be a sub
Call me crazy, but I think this is Jan's fight to lose. He has KO power that Izzy won't take lightly (I imagine him fighting very cautiously), but more importantly, Jan can grapple and submit, and does so in kind of weird, unorthodox ways that really showcase his strength: something Izzy really hasn't come even remotely close to experiencing in a fight. So if it stays standing, I see Izzy winning, although of course Jan could catch him. If it goes to the ground/Izzy can't keep it standing, I don't really see a way for Izzy to win.
Haha, the BIG **if** here is whether or not Jan will rely too much on his Legendary Polish Power, and throw his fight IQ out the window. If he does that, it's pretty much a lock for Izzy.
I'll be excited regardless, but would honestly prefer Izzy to *not* simultaneously hold up two divisions after being gifted an immediate title shot without proving himself first (at all) in the division.

Call me crazy, but I think this is Jan's fight to lose. He has KO power that Izzy won't take lightly (I imagine him fighting very cautiously), but more importantly, Jan can grapple and submit, and does so in kind of weird, unorthodox ways that really showcase his strength: something Izzy really hasn't come even remotely close to experiencing in a fight. So if it stays standing, I see Izzy winning, although of course Jan could catch him. If it goes to the ground/Izzy can't keep it standing, I don't really see a way for Izzy to win.
Haha, the BIG **if** here is whether or not Jan will rely too much on his Legendary Polish Power, and throw his fight IQ out the window. If he does that, it's pretty much a lock for Izzy.
I'll be excited regardless, but would honestly prefer Izzy to *not* simultaneously hold up two divisions after being gifted an immediate title shot without proving himself first (at all) in the division.
How would Izzy be holding up two divisions?

He is fighting at his normal weight and plans to defend 185 (which he has pretty well cleaned out as he already beat 3 of the 4 guys that are currently contending for next shot)

He is the most active champ on the roster.

As long as Glover gets a shot in 2021 all is fair.

How would Izzy be holding up two divisions?

He is fighting at his normal weight and plans to defend 185 (which he has pretty well cleaned out as he already beat 3 of the 4 guys that are currently contending for next shot)

He is the most active champ on the roster.

As long as Glover gets a shot in 2021 all is fair.

Izzy will, like Conman did, be DEFENDING TWO TITLE IN DIFFERENT DIVISIONS. Sorry, but that's cut-and-dry: if he wins each of those divisions will have less frequent defenses, giving the fighters in both divisions fewer/less frequent chances to prove themselves against the champ. That answers your question.

Regarding Glover, amen brother. The man has paid his dues (again and again) and is at his career's end yet looking good again. Give him a last title shot!

Also, as I mentioned above, I'd be fine with Izzy, who has indeed cleared out the majority of his division, taking a top 5 or 10 fight in LHW first, and proving he belongs. Instead he's jumping a line of contenders that we actually have no idea how he'd look against. Haha, let him fight Glover first, see how he like grappling a heavy 205er with heavy hands. If he smokes him, then he's got a case.

Back