This is a really tough pick but after watching the difference between Jan’s striking and Izzy’s I’m.

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Going with Izzy because he will catch him sideways and drop him a few times before KOing him. Jan leaves himself open when he charges forward and it’s the perfect style for Izzy to drop him. I won’t be shocked if Jan wins but I’m almost 90% sure Izzy will light him up on the feet and finish him so fast. Who are u leaning towards?

Unless Jan utilizes his size and strength to wear izzy down in the clinch, I see him having a bad night.

He’s a slow ( compared to the MW’s izzy is used to fighting ) plodding striker who walks forward and headhunts, which is a terrible idea when facing Izzy.

One thing I am worried about tho is jan’s kicks oddly enough, he kicks hard and has huge legs, a few solid leg kicks could hinder adesanya’s movement and footwork enough for him to get on the inside where his punching power can come into play.

Basically I’m pretty comfortably picking izzy in this one, but jan’s power and durability worries me.

Going with Izzy because he will catch him sideways and drop him a few times before KOing him. Jan leaves himself open when he charges forward and it’s the perfect style for Izzy to drop him. I won’t be shocked if Jan wins but I’m almost 90% sure Izzy will light him up on the feet and finish him so fast. Who are u leaning towards?

I'm scared of this too. Jan sometimes rushes forward in his "Blacho-blitzes," which is how Santos caught him.

I expect Adesanya to be slower than we've ever seen him moving up in weight. He'll be faster than Jan but not by much. I don't think he can stop the takedown if Jan really goes for it either. It's those wild exchanges that Jan is known for where Izzy is really dangerous. He should avoid those charges and focus on catching Adesanya on the fences. The key will be mixing it up with takedowns. Rockhold also moved up from middle-weight and he couldn't match Jan's strength on the cage. It's Izzy's right-hand counter that poses the greatest threat; for Jan it's the left-hook as Izzy circles to his right off the cage.

You should be scared. <Wink>

I am :confused:

Still think Jan can win via mixing it up with his grappling and wrestling. But Izzy seems like the type to show off his secret grappling skills and get a surprise sub win to show off to the world.

This fight is gonna be nuts!

I've got Jan .

His punch accuracy is criminally underrated and he is great at clipping guys out of the clinch, timing counters on leg kicks and landing at some strange angles. He isn't just the blue collar, basic but powerful puncher that many label him as IMO. He's tricky and if he can check a few leg kicks early on and put a little bit of pressure on Izzy, he can clip him and it'd be a wrap. Izzy can't eat a single punch on Saturday and I'm betting he does.

Jan 2nd rd TKO

Stylistic matchup = 95% Izzy. But I really want Jan to win so I’m going to delude myself into believing Jan will stun Izzy with a monster Muay Thai kick to the ribs, wrap him up & sub him

tenor.gif

I'm Very intrigued by this fight especially because Israel says he may come in as light as 193lb... has that ever happened in recent title fight memory where the challenging fighter , forget that he is the 185lb champ.. but the challenger fighting to win a belt is 12lbs under the weight limit? that is absolutely insane.. either Israel will be a genius and an all time great, or he is making a terrible decision essentially fighting undersized in a bigger weightclass...

My gut tells me that if Israel does win it will be how he won against Romero.. I really hope that isn't how the fight goes down, but what else could be his game plan.. He aint' looking to get caught with that polish LHW power

Unless Jan utilizes his size and strength to wear izzy down in the clinch, I see him having a bad night.

He’s a slow ( compared to the MW’s izzy is used to fighting ) plodding striker who walks forward and headhunts, which is a terrible idea when facing Izzy.

One thing I am worried about tho is jan’s kicks oddly enough, he kicks hard and has huge legs, a few solid leg kicks could hinder adesanya’s movement and footwork enough for him to get on the inside where his punching power can come into play.

Basically I’m pretty comfortably picking izzy in this one, but jan’s power and durability worries me.

I wouldn't call jan a head hunter. His body kicks are a big factor in many of his fights.

I wouldn't mind seeing Israel get knocked out but the disparity in skill level is far too high.

Israel most likely knocks him out.

I am :confused:

Still think Jan can win via mixing it up with his grappling and wrestling. But Izzy seems like the type to show off his secret grappling skills and get a surprise sub win to show off to the world.

This fight is gonna be nuts!

Yeah, Izzy has stated he would really love to showcase his grappling and that he has really improved his BJJ. Jan has a great ground game, but his wrestling isn't that great. I think Izzy should be able to anticipate Jan's take down attempts and is quick enough to get out of bad positions before Jan can try to take advantage of it and take him down. Jan's best bet, IMO, would be to get Izzy against the fence, but I don't think that'll be easy.

It's definitely gonna be a great fight, bud! However it may go.

Last edited:
The is the perfect example of the type of fight that I’d analyse for days, make a detailed prediction based on both competitors styles and previous fights, and then be hilariously wrong about it haha.

Izzys feints lets him download tendencies in real time, kinda like silva, but izzy is just better. If silva was algebra izzy is calculus.

Back