Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Do you agree with these odds?

Dominick Cruz +115
InformalCreepyHalicore-max-1mb.gif

Casey Kenney -135
BrilliantFaroffHerald-size_restricted.gif

Cruz is past his prime but I dont know if hes declined so much that he loses to Kenney. I think this is a decent underdog pick.

I have the feeling that Cruz is finished, although the CCC fight didn't show us much. Haven't really watched Kenney's fights and don't know much about him, but it wouldn't surprise me if Cruz gets fucked up by some random up and comer at this point.

99% agreed Borg was robbed of a decision by Casey, and that's technically Casey's best win.

I just can't see him beating Cruz.

Last edited:
I have no idea who this guy he’s fighting is. Anyone chime in? Complete bum or no?

Yeah I couldn't believe it. Put some money on Dom a while back.

I have no idea who this guy he’s fighting is. Anyone chime in? Complete bum or no?
He's that guy who caused a big uproar when he started talking about Megan Anderson and whether or not he would fuck her on a podcast. Really dumb move that drew a lot of instant backlash.

He's got potential.

All Nunez needs t do s visualize Megan threatening her child’s safety and she’ll be able to rip limbs off.
<mma4>

Unless Cruz is coming in with some injury or isn't taking this one seriously, then I really like his chances.

Casey's best win is who? Wood? Smolka? Borg? He looked impressive against Wood, but Wood was in there on very short notice and you could tell. Then his opponent before that, Alateng, barely came to fight. He just stood there and got kicked for three rounds and didn't even attempt to make any adjustments.

None of those guys Casey has been facing are near the level of competition Cruz is or has has been facing himself.

Think about when Cruz was in his prime tho..... ALOT of time has passed and the smaller guys are affected before the big guys, as strength goes after speed. I remember watching Cruz in my old apartment getting tapped by Faber on WEC before my son was born - for reference, my son is going to be in high school next year! Even your speedy heavyweights, like Fedor, had father time catch up to them before those that relied on strength. 5 years is a long, long time in this game at the highest level, and time is affecting athletes even more greatly with USADA (TRiTors are an extinct species). Even Jon Jones got REALLY old in his past two fights when he started passing drug tests.

Cruz may be the BW GOAT, but time defeats all.

Unless Cruz is coming in with some injury or isn't taking this one seriously, then I really like his chances.

Casey's best win is who? Wood? Smolka? Borg? He looked impressive against Wood, but Wood was in there on very short notice and you could tell. Then his opponent before that, Alateng, barely came to fight. He just stood there and got kicked for three rounds and didn't even attempt to make any adjustments.

None of those guys Casey has been facing are near the level of competition Cruz is or has has been facing himself.
Yeah I don't get the odds here. I don't see why he's the underdog. I really don't.

If Dom isn’t too broken down from injuries then he should take this unless the other guy is really that good.

Yeah I don't get the odds here. I don't see why he's the underdog. I really don't.

Oh, I definitely see why lol.

Cruz is coming off two losses and his last win was back in 2016. He's worn and had a lot of injuries vs the younger guy who has 3 wins in 2020 alone.

It's a little different here because of the injuries and lack of activity for Cruz, but bookies often get fooled by pure fight records when they should be looking at level of competition faced instead.

Tecia Torres vs Brianna Van Buren is the best example I've seen of this. Tecia was paying 3.20. I tried to put 3k on Tecia but they limited it to 1k as their traders would have been wondering why the fuck someone was going hard on a girl who had lost her last 4 and was up against someone who had won their last 6.

In that example, they didn't seem to realize that Tecia losing 4 straight decisions to the likes of Marina, Joanna, Zhang, and Andrade is actually a far better showing than beating the likes of Lima and Curran in a one-night tourney in Invicta, and then Souza in the UFC. (Lima and Curran are both UFC wash outs in case you don't know. Curran went 1-6 in the UFC).

Cruz losing to Cody and Henry is better than Casey beating Alateng, Smolka and Wood recently.

Like I said though, there's more to this fight than that on Cruz's side, but those sort of records go a long way in swaying bookies in my experience.

Personally, I have this at either near evens or Cruz as a slight fav.

Back