*Is Aljo gonna be able to take down and keep Yan there or score a sub?*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
Cause that's the way Aljo can win this. If he can't out outgrapple Yan, I believe he would be outclassed.

yan is overrated
his best wins in ufc are old man faber and washed up aldo
he never face a great wrestler like aljo
I think it will be a first round sub for aljo just like Cory fight
But with that being said sterling also reckless and can get knocked out when he ducks his head looking for the takedown

yan is overrated
But with that being said sterling also reckless and can get knocked out when he ducks his head looking for the takedown
Aljo's only chance is to run for 5 rounds, leg kick, jab and run some more. He won't be able to hold Yan on the ground and probably won't even be able to take him down at all. If he stands in front of Yan he will get murdered. Leg kick, run, failed TD, rinse and repeat. That's the best Aljo can hope for. I think Yan shuts his lights out.

yan is overrated
Yan has better wrestling than Sandhagen. But Aljo definitely has the wrestling/grappling advantage.

Yans been training with dagestanis and they have solid wrestling at tiger muay thai so it should be pretty interesting to see what happens against a solid grappler.

He can possibly outpoint Yan, since Yan is very flat footed and mostly a boxer while Aljo uses more footwork and spams kicks all day.
Yan has a lot of experience fighting and training with muay thai fighters. He can switch and be light on his front foot vs a kick heavy fighter.

I don’t think so. Yan has very good TDD, and should have a striking advantage. Yan outpoints Aljo or stops him late imo.

Cause that's the way Aljo can win this. If he can't out outgrapple Yan, I believe he would be outclassed.
i disagree. aljo has length and volume on his side. yan makes the most out of his strikes no doubt, but this is a contest over 5 rounds. i think aljermaines movement and the fact he can grapple makes this a tough fight for a selective striker like yan. if aljo dosnt gas himself trying to grapple i think he gives yan alot of problems on the feet.

i dont think its gonna be painful or come with the same pop aldo had, hell i think yan might deliver the more meaningful blows, i just think sterling outpoints him if he dosnt blow his load forcing the grappling. funk master has a nice blend hes not one dimensional anymore

yan is overrated
i wanna like this post but yan is not overrated, even if aljo smokes him
(sorry to double post homies)

Aljo's only chance is to run for 5 rounds, leg kick, jab and run some more. He won't be able to hold Yan on the ground and probably won't even be able to take him down at all. If he stands in front of Yan he will get murdered. Leg kick, run, failed TD, rinse and repeat. That's the best Aljo can hope for. I think Yan shuts his lights out.
its a great gameplan imo. sterling is fast, and if yan does over commit he could get taken down. i just dont want to see sterling shoot his load like he used to or like kevin lee still does

Yans been training with dagestanis and they have solid wrestling at tiger muay thai so it should be pretty interesting to see what happens against a solid grappler.
im worried about yans composure. even if he gets taken down hes not gonna break, and he has a very efficient style. efficient in accuracy and energy spent.

Last edited:
Sterling wont be able to do shit with Yan in grappling department. Yan is going to stuff him all day and then pick him apart.

This is a fight where people are really divided, you either think Yan by domination or Sterling by domination.

Is Petr going to be able to keep this a boxing match?

Huge Aljo fan, great personality. Yan on the other hand has a terrible personality. I hope Aljo wins I just don't think his grappling is strong enough for him to impose his will on Yan

Yan didn't fade in the aldo fight, and if this stays a striking match I see Aljo getting koed.

Styles make fights

I’ll be sure to bump this thread sat night lol<Moves>

Plenty of people choosing with their heart rather than their heads for this one. I dislike Yan but he is 100% getting the win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back