Izzy will finish Jan within 2 rounds and he will make it look easy.

Allosaurus Fragillis

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Jan has never fought a striker on the level of Izzy before, and Izzy will be significantly faster than him. Yes Jan has good grappling, but Izzy has strong takedown defense, and it's not like Jan has Khabib or Usman level grappling.
Frankly I think that most of the people saying that Jan will beat Izzy are saying that because they like Jan and dislike Izzy. It reminds me of Izzy vs Costa, everyone was talking about how Costa was going to KO Izzy and look how that turned out. I believe this fight will turn out the same way.
Of course Jan is a monster who has crazy KO power in his hands, but that KO power won't do him any good if he he can't connect with Izzy's chin. Jan has a puncher's chance of course, but that is the only chance he has in my opinion.

Ever get tired of making pointless inflammatory threads TS?

I’m interested to see how Izzy’s takedown defence holds up at this weight. On the feet Izzy probably dances around Jan but he’s still going to have opportunities.

I think he will be playing it more safe than that.I 'll go late 3rd round

I say he does it in one round. But it will look really, really hard.
Agree. Izzy is going to break one of his hands on Jan’s head. Might have to dispatch of a wobbly Jan using a kick.

Fuck I’m feeling big fight vibes.

Last edited:
How is this an inflammatory thread? Prediction threads are inflammatory now? Get the fuck out of here.
If you want to gush about how much you love Izzy, go to Reddit and find your echo chamber. There are dozens of threads about this topic already go to them don’t clutter the front page. It’s inflammatory because you’re not adding any speculation or discussion around what will happen you’re just saying Izzy will win and make it look easy, which may be what happens but it’s redundant to start an entire thread stating what many others have already said.

I'm a big fan of Izzy fighting ability but I don't see that happening.

Izzy will be very cautious in this fight as he should and Jan has shown he is willing to take his time and wait for the opportunities.

People are underestimating Jan's awkward striking. He reminds me of Carl Froch the British boxer. He doesn't look fast but he is very good at placing his shots.

I'm rooting for Izzy but I might just bet a few bucks on a Jan KO.

Agreed 100% I been said that.
Rn Izzy is on a different level

It will obviously hinge on a couple of things...Izzy's speed and Jan's strength. Izzy said he isn't bulking up and Jan has fought at 205 for long time so Jan will obviously be bigger. If Jan can get Izzy down, it could be a totally different game.

At the end of the day, even if Izzy loses, It's neat to see him challenge for the LHW strap. If Jan wins, people won't think much of it because he beat a MW not a LHW.

If you want to gush about how much you love Izzy, go to Reddit and find your echo chamber. There are dozens of threads about this topic already go to them don’t clutter the front page. It’s inflammatory because you’re not adding any speculation or discussion around what will happen you’re just saying Izzy will win and make it look easy, which may be what happens but it’s redundant to start an entire thread stating what many others have already said.
I just saw a thread about how Jan was going to knock Izzy out. Was that inflammatory too, or is only my thread inflammatory because I expressed an opinion Sherdog doesn't like? Fuck off man.
Oh and for the record, I actually like both Izzy and Jan. But I just think this fight favors Izzy stylistically.

Back