If Israel wins Saturday, does he continue to defend at 185 as well?

Finding Deebo

Swimming in Heaven, lookin' for Craig!!
Banned
Reaction score
He's done great at 185 but the re-match could be interesting....

iu

or the new boogeyman of the division

iu

Would love to see these two fights..

He ONLY defends MW and LHW is stagnant just like Conman at FW is my guess

Probably not. I think he just may be crazy enough to try to move to HW at some point too.

He answered this today, wants to keep the div moving... he'll only be 195 for this fight and will go back down

1st: Horse...Cart

2nd Yes, he says he could make MW next week, and easily in the 3-6 months standard time to promote a championship fight.

He wasn’t a HUGE MW, weight wise to begin with and hasn’t put on any significant bulk.

Honestly he is still not the biggest MW, Costa is way bigger, guys like Luke are way bigger,

I doubt izzy will want to continue at lhw. Hes too small for the division. Even if you win the long term damage from fighting people bigger than you is more severe.

Yes. He told Ariel today he's moving back down after the Jan fight to defend his title. He hopes Till can get a win because he's not interested in rematching Whittaker

He answered this today, wants to keep the div moving... he'll only be 195 for this fight and will go back down
He is absolutely insane if he steps in to face Jan at 195.

I am expecting approximately Hendo/Machidaweight for this fight.
.: 203 or so

not a good idea hanging around 205 this year
giphy.gif

I doubt izzy will want to continue at lhw. Hes too small for the division. Even if you win the long term damage from fighting people bigger than you is more severe.

He could beat Glover.
remember Glover is 40+ iirc

(though timing wise he probably doesn’t have to**)

The whole 205 thing is about star power and possibly setting up a JON JONES fight.

Stipe and Ngannou fight in 2 weeks.
Jon fights the winner in 6-9 months. (hopefully w no bs or injuries)

IF Jon wins that fight and Israel stays undefeated, Jones as HW champ vs Izzy as champ champ could be the biggest fight in UFC history.

** Let’s say Jon manages to beat Stipe/Ngannou winner, let’s call that late 2021

Israel defended against costa not long ago, he fights Saturday.

Izzy defends against Till/Whittier/Vittori, let’s say that is in August 2021
[x] 9 mo after last MW defense

Jones vs Izzy in March or so 2022

Glover vs whoever for 205 IC
around New Years - Super Bowl 2022
[x] 9mo after last LHW defense

lots of ifs, but bet your ass that is the play the UFC is aiming for because they are a Vegas based company and that is the BIG PAYOUT.

Last edited:
Back