Can we talk about the leg kick aspect of Jan vs Izzy for a second?

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
I'm really curious how this part of the fight will play out.

Izzy has really quick, sharp leg kicks from both sides , in either stance, and he goes to them very early and often from the opening round. They are as valuable as his jab, especially in the first round....

Jan, on the other hand, does very very well against kickers and he has shut down numerous kickers completely by checking them and he also times them to land his overhand right (see Corey fight) or even lead hook (see Dom fight). He's a bit underrated in that respect IMO.

That said.... I really think this will be the biggest fight, within the fight come Saturday night. Jan will look to make Izzy pay if he wants to spam leg kicks and just stay long.

What do u think????

Jan is training with a good kickboxer for this one, kind of big guy so the speed isnt there but technically I believe he is working the right things.

Jan is really good with his legs. It wouldn’t surprise me if he implemented a really kick heavy gameplan. It would be awesome if he nailed his headkick KO prediction.

I'm really curious how this part of the fight will play out.

Izzy has really quick, sharp leg kicks from both sides , in either stance, and he goes to them very early and often from the opening round. They are as valuable as his jab, especially in the first round....

Jan, on the other hand, does very very well against kickers and he has shut down numerous kickers completely by checking them and he also times them to land his overhand right (see Corey fight) or even lead hook (see Dom fight). He's a bit underrated in that respect IMO.

That said.... I really think this will be the biggest fight, within the fight come Saturday night. Jan will look to make Izzy pay if he wants to spam leg kicks and just stay long.

What do u think????
Let me ask you and others this question. How does Jan punish leg kickers??? And how many kickers has he faced nearly as good as Adesanya???

Perhaps Santos would be the best example, and even before the KO he found much success with leg kicks.

I don't think Jan will be quick enough to time counters with his hands - Izzy is going to be in full feint-mode, spamming so many looks it will be very difficult to counter or even time checks.

What he can do though is kick with the kicker; whenever Izzy kicks, he will be retreating to one leg, so kick him right back. Jan is a much more powerful kicker, if he can land counter-kicks early it will shut down that attack and help Jan turn it into more of a boxing style fight that favors him heavily.

Let me ask you and others this question. How does Jan punish leg kickers??? And how many kickers has he faced nearly as good as Adesanya???

Perhaps Santos would be the best example, and even before the KO he found much success with leg kicks.
Manuwa
Santos till he got caught rushing in
Reyes
Luke
Krylov

Gynosanya is going to find out big boys hit like a fricken freight train.

Back