Media New Izzy Interview w/ Helwani (cliffs included)

Brodie

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

• His team/coach decided it was time to move up now, not necessarily his idea but agreed with them after hearing them out
  • Says he can beat anyone at 205
  • Implies he’s getting a pay bump for moving up
  • Says he weighs about 198 pounds as of right now, don’t be surprised if he weighs in at 193
  • No concerns if Jan weighs 225-230 come fight night
  • Jan is more well rounded than a lot of guys he’s fought so far and takes him very seriously
  • Plans to go back down to 185 to defend MW title after this, wants to be active doesn’t wanna stall the division
  • Not really intrigued by rematches with Whittaker, Costa or Vettori, hopes Till can get some wins so he can fight him
  • Says Costa needs to stop making excuses needs to accept the skinny clau whopped his ass and he needs to reassess his team and strategy
  • Still plans to fight Jon Jones eventually but has to be in front of a crowd
  • Was overwhelmed with emotion when Galavo gave him his purple belt, felt like his BJJ levelled up while training there
  • Sign of his success that he can buy his parents luxury cars, plans to retire both of them within the next year
  • Sees 2 paths of victory, won’t reveal one of them. The other would be like the Whittaker fight where Jan blitzes him aggressively and gets caught
  • Says he will post a screenshot of the other path of victory if thats how it plays it out to prove that he envisioned it happening
  • Wants to be active expects to fight 3-4 times this year

I wouldn't be surprised if he cuts weight to weigh in at 193 to make it look like he is giving up a bunch of size.

I want to like him but he's most likely a ped user as per titty gate so I can't get behind him

I want to like him but he's most likely a ped user as per titty gate so I can't get behind him
If it makes you feel any better, you're probably a fan right now of a PED user.

• His team/coach decided it was time to move up now, not necessarily his idea but agreed with them after hearing them out
  • Says he can beat anyone at 205
  • Implies he’s getting a pay bump for moving up
  • Says he weighs about 198 pounds as of right now, don’t be surprised if he weighs in at 193
  • No concerns if Jan weighs 225-230 come fight night
  • Jan is more well rounded than a lot of guys he’s fought so far and takes him very seriously
  • Plans to go back down to 185 to defend MW title after this, wants to be active doesn’t wanna stall the division
  • Not really intrigued by rematches with Whittaker, Costa or Vettori, hopes Till can get some wins so he can fight him
  • Says Costa needs to stop making excuses needs to accept the skinny clau whopped his ass and he needs to reassess his team and strategy
  • Still plans to fight Jon Jones eventually but has to be in front of a crowd
  • Was overwhelmed with emotion when Galavo gave him his purple belt, felt like his BJJ levelled up while training there
  • Sign of his success that he can buy his parents luxury cars, plans to retire both of them within the next year
  • Sees 2 paths of victory, won’t reveal one of them. The other would be like the Whittaker fight where Jan blitzes him aggressively and gets caught
  • Says he will post a screenshot of the other path of victory if thats how it plays it out to prove that he envisioned it happening
  • Wants to be active expects to fight 3-4 times this year

That's my brodie!!!

If Whittaker beats Costa then he's more than earned a rematch. That would be 3 straight top 5 wins since losing to Izzy.

I wouldn't be surprised if he cuts weight to weigh in at 193 to make it look like he is giving up a bunch of size.
Lmao. You’re already so scared that he’s gonna win. He literally fights at 185 and was called skinny by the last guy he beat.

imagine being called skinny at a weight class 20lbs below. And still not getting credit for fighting 20lbs up vs a guy who is 220-230

If adesanya weighs in at 205 u motherfuckers would say zomg see he’s too big for MW. If he weighs in less than 205, u say he’s cutting extra to claim he’s small.

he’s going to show you shertards that muscles and size only scare girls, and skills and talent wins fights.

Lmao. You’re already so scared that he’s gonna win. He literally fights at 185 and was called skinny by the last guy he beat.

imagine being called skinny at a weight class 20lbs below. And still not getting credit for fighting 20lbs up vs a guy who is 220-230

If adesanya weighs in at 205 u motherfuckers would say zomg see he’s too big for MW. If he weighs in less than 205, u say he’s cutting extra to claim he’s small.

he’s going to show you shertards that muscles and size only scare girls, and skills and talent wins fights.
I mean...I'm not a girl but....I agree with the rest....

Back