News Luis Pena to fight Alex Munoz at April 17 UFC show

Luis Pena vs Alex Munoz

• Total voters

Kryptt

⭍ Dead Belt⭍
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Luis Pena and Alex Munoz will face off next month.

rporfdaj.jpeg

Following announcements on social media by both fighters, MMA Fighting confirmed with sources with knowledge of the matchup that Pena (8-3) and Munoz (6-1) will fight in a lightweight bout on April 17 at a UFC Fight Night with a location and headliner still to be determined.

Pena and Munoz were previously scheduled to fight at UFC Norfolk this past February, but Munoz withdrew from that contest with an injury. Instead, Pena faced replacement Steve Garcia and won a unanimous decision

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/3/2/22310054/luis-pena-to-fight-alex-munoz-at-april-17-ufc-show

Should be fun...both comin off an L so good bounce back scrap.

giphy.gif

SnoopyPlumpAuklet-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Gio
Munoz has a rather large power advantage here, I'm going to pick him. But pena is measured enough to go to and win a decision with plenty of the middle ranked lws, i wouldn't be surprised if he can do the same here.

Luis Pena has to be the most unlikeable fighter based off off looks and then you throw in his dry turd super serious personality.

I didn't even think Munoz looked that bad in his last fight. He took quite a beating though.
My main concern with that performance was his inability to change the gameplan when it wasn't working. But I don't think Pena will be able to stop the takedowns like Haqparast did. Nasrat Haqparast is a pretty rough opponent for your UFC debut.

Munoz is a lot better than he looked in his last fight IMO. I expect him to manhandle Pena.

I came in to say Pena should win, then remembered Pena's been a major letdown and now I reckon Munoz wins a UD.

Back