News Dana White on Khamzat Chimaev: “He’s not supposed to be training, but you know, this guy’s a savage.

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

“When he got here, the doctors took care of him, and they put him on prednisone, which is a nasty f*cking steroid,” White told MMA Junkie. “So he’s on prednisone, and he’s supposed to be taking this thing and chilling, relaxing, and letting himself recover. He went in and f*cking trained today, felt like sh*t, and got super emotional and posted that.

“He’s not supposed to be training, but you know, this guy’s a savage. He wants to fight like every f*cking weekend, and now he can’t even train, so he just got emotional and posted that, but he ain’t quitting.”

He was flown out here so that we could take care of him,” White said. “We get him taken care of. They got him on medication. He’s going to be fine, and he goes in and starts f*cking training. He’s not supposed to be training, and he’s super frustrated.

“He’s training when he’s supposed to be resting. He’s got to stay off, at least while he’s on this medication.”

Side effects of

Prednisone
  • Aggression
  • agitation
  • blurred vision
  • decrease in the amount of urine
  • dizziness
  • fast, slow, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse
  • headache
  • irritability
  • mood changes
  • bloody, black, or tarry stools
https://www.drugs.com/sfx/prednisone-side-effects.html

Last edited:
thanks for keeping us up 2 date on this Peli

Dana is damage controlling but I'm sure there is a hint of truth here. Khamzat was probably trying to train and shouldn't have, and probably did get emotional when he couldn't continue and coughed up blood in his hotel room.

But, the fact remains that prednisone is not causing him to cough up blood but the Covid is, which is very worrying this far out. As was his collapsing during training last week.

The fact that Dana says Khamzat will be back in June is complete bullshit... which is also worrying. He's toting the company line. The situation seems much more grave than that and we're not being told the whole truth.

<DontBelieve1>

Last edited:
Dana needs to get him on that pico pulsing program

I have a disease that can necessitate prednisone. I always refused it because shit is nasty

He was training with umar nurmagomedov. My guess is umar dominated him in his current weakened state so he rage quit because he lost to a BW.
Khabib was in the performance center today with Islam and Umar.

Keep in mind Khamzat flew to Ireland to beat Conor up because of the things he was saying about Khabib.

He is probably a hero to him and it was probably extra emotional for him not to be able to train with him or keep up at all.

Sad situation.

The "this guy's a savage" quote is further confirmation that Dana was hoping this guy would fill the void left by Ronda and Conor. Dana would often delude himself into saying similarly ridiculous compliments about those two.

Wasn't the whole point of bringing Khamzat to Vegas to make sure he gets top medical care and doesn't do anymore damage to himself? Given that Khamzat continues to prove that he can't be trusted to follow doctors' orders and keeps going to the gym to train despite complaining time and again that he thinks he is going to die afterwards, Dana needs to hire a team of babysitters to watch him 24 hours a day apparently.

Khabib was in the performance center today with Islam and Umar.

Keep in mind Khamzat flew to Ireland to beat Conor up because of the things he was saying about Khabib.

He is probably a hero to him and it was probably extra emotional for him not to be able to train with him or keep up at all.

Sad situation.

He probably destroyed Khabib so bad in the grappling that he felt sad for his hero and decided to retire

Good one.
<{ByeHomer}>

Thank you!

6016c298751d3579696e7fd25b81c9de_w200.gif

I got prescribed the same drug when I fucked up my ankle, it didn't do shit.
as any Stoic 6'4 220lbs 6% body fat sherdogger should be, they'd need to use an elephant's dosage to have any effect on us.

Back