I don’t think Gane has even a puncher’s chance against Francis...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He is a really great and smart fighter but Francis’ style and size and power will make him look like a man attacked by a savage gorilla! The only people that can beat Francis are Stipe and BB but not sure anymore. So bottom line, if Francis can defeat Stipe then everyone will have to wait until he retires really. Do u approve?

Gane move pretty well for a big man, maybe he chops at them legs until Francis gets tired. I still would have Francis knocking him dead right now, but in a HW fight you never know.

Ngannou is Gane's worst matchup.

Gane matches up good with Jones and Stipe

The blueprint to beat Gane is brawl with him, don't stare at him. He doesn't hit hard. If Ngannou comes to brawl he sleeps him

I think Ngannou catches Gane 7 or 8 times out of 10. Hes not nearly as technical but he always finds a way to land. Theyve also trained together and know each other very well. Im sure Gane knows that Ngannou is a beast. Right now I favor Gane over everyone at HW except Ngannou and Stipe.

No not much of a puncher's chance, his best chance is to outpoint him. Long, very fast technical striker with good defense typically beats the wild loopy puncher but Ngannou's power is so insane that who knows how it'll go.

bad match up for Francis. He can just keep moving, hitting him with the jab and leck kicks, clinch as soon as francis comes in. He would bet on Gane. Same with Jones vs Francis.

I think Ngannou catches Gane 7 or 8 times out of 10. Hes not nearly as technical but he always finds a way to land. Theyve also trained together and know each other very well. Im sure Gane knows that Ngannou is a beast. Right now I favor Gane over everyone at HW except Ngannou and Stipe.
I think the worst match up for Gane is Blaydes. Stipe can be a problem too, because so far he wasn't tested against offnsive wrestlers.

This fight is inevitable at this point and i'd love to see it.

I think this fight would suck big time, but Gane would get it done.

Gane has much better striking defense than biggy boy, where Roz got murked against the fence, Gane would be circling out.

I think the worst match up for Gane is Blaydes. Stipe can be a problem too, because so far he wasn't tested against offnsive wrestlers.
Almost forgot about Blaydes. He definitely can give Gane problems. Thats a near 50/50 fight in my books but maybe a slight edge to Gane due to his overall skillset and fight IQ. Cant see that fight happening in the next year now though. Gane likely gets Lewis/Volkov next then a title shot. If he beats Lewis or Volkov next then that is 2 top 5 wins in a row. With the HW title in March and Jones facing winner in summer, a title shot for Gane probably wont come until late 2021 at the earliest.

Feel as if Blaydes' best chances at beating Gane were yesterday or right now. Gane seems to be improving at such a great pace for someone with only 8 pro fights. Give Gane another good win or two and he is likely a sizable favorite over Blaydes.

Aren’t they friends and teammates?
I’d imagine both have a plan for facing the other, being in the same weightclass.
I think recency bias is real here and People would think Gane would beat Stipe after last night. Gane looked good, but Roz was essentially a punching bag last night.

Gane simply needs more cage time. I won't call him a world beater yet, but me moves very well for a large man.

Gane would do him in the same way as he did Roz. Francis showed he is also a coward to attack in his fight vs Lewis, same as Roz showed vs Gane.
Gane just schools those static boys, who think that having a strong punch and entering the octagon is enough vs athletic and evasive HWs. It is not. They have to attack constantly and be fast moving round in and round out. And Francis will long gas out and run into fast counter shots, before being able to put effective pressure on Gane.

The only time Gane was threatened last night is when Frozen-strike moved toward him.
Francis will move forward like a juggernaut and take a few shots on his path to exterminating Gane.

Back