Commentators reaction to calf kicks

TJ Dillashank

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Do people not know they have been around for decades probably longer. People only really starting to talk about them because Conor got his leg messed up and now they are cheap? They can be checked and people saying they should be illegal which is stupid af.

Anik was saying people think they should be illegal but who actually thinks that

lol Bisping sounded serious about wanting them to be illegal

They've been around forever but more now than ever. That's undeniable. They are game changers and a big deal. What's up?

Do people not know they have been around for decades probably longer. People only really starting to talk about them because Conor got his leg messed up and now they are cheap? They can be checked and people saying they should be illegal which is stupid af.

Anik was saying people think they should be illegal but who actually thinks that

They are extremely hard to check or block. I believe Anik said it jokingly.

It really shows how some people don't understand many forms of martial arts.. Maybe we should make elbows, knees, kicks, throws and submissions illegal as well. The fighters shouldn't actually touch each other at all.. Just look at each other and the judges will decide who the winner is...

I get tired of how they have to bring it up every time one is thrown. It would be like if they pointed out every time a straight right landed. They used to do this with the jab after GSP killed Koshcheck with it for 5 rounds. They need to save it until they are doing serious damage and a fighter is really effected by it, not start talking about them after the first calf kick is thrown.

They are extremely hard to check or block. I believe Anik said it jokingly.
WOW! It's exactly the opposite..They are extremely easy to check. You only need to lift your leg a liitle and turn a little outside. You need to learn the rhytm and the light touch to the floor of your front leg. Much easier to check then thigh kicks where you have to lift your leg much higher...

WOW! It's exactly the opposite..They are extremely easy to check. You only need to lift your leg a liitle and turn a little outside. You need to learn the rhytm and the light touch to the floor of your front leg. Much easier to check then thigh kicks where you have to lift your leg much higher...

You should probably go teach these professionals what to do.

They weren't really used in mma/ufc until recently

They’ve been talking about them for 1-2 years heavily. I think after the nunes/Pennington fight people started shooting in their pants over them.

Find 5 examples from 5 different fighters of a calf kick prior to 2019 for me TS
<Prem771><{1-69}><EdgyBrah><WhatItIs><Moves>

Back