News Yan Xiaonan vs Carla Esparza set to take place at UFC Fight Night event, May 22nd

Yan Xiaonan vs Carla Esparza

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yan Xiaonan all the way!

I'm surprised Xiaonan didn't get a title shot already. I remember back when they first released Women's strawweight division people would get title shots just by having participated in TUF alone. Yan is 6-0 in the UFC

I'm surprised Xiaonan didn't get a title shot already. I remember back when they first released Women's strawweight division people would get title shots just by having participated in TUF alone. Yan is 6-0 in the UFC
<seedat> that's what happens when tuf is an eliminator tournament with the final being for the belt.

<seedat> that's what happens when tuf is an eliminator tournament with the final being for the belt.

Its not just the TUF finale. Didn't Penne also get a title shot basically because she was on TUF and her last fight was a win I guess? I'm just saying Xiaonan did way more than any other title shot recipient so far

Damn this is going to be a very WMMA heavy card. Sherbros are going to be pissed

If this one isn't on the main card it will likely headline the prelims.

This is for a Fight Night event, not on the Weili/Rose card fyi. Would be cool if it was on the same card.. or maybe not, lol

Its not just the TUF finale. Didn't Penne also get a title shot basically because she was on TUF and her last fight was a win I guess? I'm just saying Xiaonan did way more than any other title shot recipient so far
The division is a lot deeper since then

It'sa good fight winner should definitely get next, unless there's a huge controversy in April. I really thought they'd have this on the same card Zhang vs rose incase of covid ect.

Good scrap - backing Yan!

Cause "Yes she can!"

This is for a Fight Night event, not on the Weili/Rose card fyi. Would be cool if it was on the same card.. or maybe not, lol

Already deleted my comment when I realized I didn't know what I was talking about LOL

I think Carla takes this. I like Yan but her TDD against Claudia didn't really impress me

The division is a lot deeper since then

Yeah but still. Lets look at a much more recent title shot, Andrade's. She got it after a 3 fight win streak against Hill, Calderwood and Penne. I think Yan's was more than enough even in a deeper division

Wasn't she supposed to fight Joanna? Or am I confusing her with someone else?

This has to be the main event/5 rounder of this Fight Night card if it's for the title shot.

Back