Media Why is Magomed Ankalaev not getting more attention?

Grapplefest

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Guy has looked dominant every second in the ufc outside of 1, very technical, striking, grappling, good cardio. He’s by far the most well rounded LHW and has a dominant win over Vadim Nemkov in 2014, why is he so slept on for the LHW title picture?

7CB8201B-7F1F-4A9E-B32A-9BB4888FAAB1.jpeg

According to coach Eric, him and Ngannou have been going to war in sparring

just wait eventually he will . Mans part of the future of the sport . right now though he dosnt deserve to be in title contention but i have no doubt his time will come . Also hope he isnt getting hit too hard by francis in sparring for the sake of his health and chin .

If he even spoke a little English and said stupid shit like "Khabib time" and "numba 1 bullsheet" you would see shervirgins sucking his balls
True, it’s a shame to see guys like Chimaev get the attention Ankalaev deserves, but Ankalaev is a very quiet soft-spoken Fedor prodigy

He doesn't have any bigger name on his record I would say. I mean his best wins so far are against Cutelaba, which is great, but not enough for some bigger attention. And also he is not trash talker like some others.

And when did he fight Nemkov, did I miss something?

He doesn't have any bigger name on his record I would say. I mean his best wins so far are against Cutelaba, which is great, but not enough for some bigger attention. And also he is not trash talker like some others.

And when did he fight Nemkov, did I miss something?
It was in amateur fight in 2014 when Nemkov became sambo world champion, but both were the two best amateurs in the world and I’ve never seen Nemkov get dominated like that in every facet of mma

If he even spoke a little English and said stupid shit like "Khabib time" and "numba 1 bullsheet" you would see shervirgins sucking his balls
It took Khabib 8 fights to realize this. I wonder how many fights it will take Ankalaev. Hopefully not too many more. I know Abdulmanap god rest his soul told him to learn 2 English words a day cause he was so sure Ankalaev would reach gold.

Because LHW is a dumpster fire and at an all time low in talent.

Jan is champ and Glover is the rightful #1 contender. Both fighters from an earlier generation who a few years ago never wouldn't thought to be in the positions they are currently in.

Gus could come back and legitimately be UFC LHW champ right now.

It took Khabib 8 fights to realize this. I wonder how many fights it will take Ankalaev. Hopefully not too many more. I know Abdulmanap god rest his soul told him to learn 2 English words a day cause he was so sure Ankalaev would reach gold.
Khabib always had sort of a outgoing personality though, Ankalaev seems like a silent assassin much similar to fedor which might be one of the reasons why fedor called him the best prospect he’s ever seen

His first name is some guys last names. These guys have odd interchangeable first and last names. Like magomed magomedov. What kinda name is that? It’s too similar.

His first name is some guys last names. These guys have odd interchangeable first and last names. Like magomed magomedov. What kinda name is that? It’s too similar.
I mean you got guys called Phillip and other having the last name Phillips I guess its just a common one in the region.

Idk but every time i see his name i think of Ankylosaurus

Khabib always had sort of a outgoing personality though, Ankalaev seems like a silent assassin much similar to fedor which might be one of the reasons why fedor called him the best prospect he’s ever seen
Yep I agree with you but I still think he would benefit greatly from learning English.

Guy has looked dominant every second in the ufc outside of 1, very technical, striking, grappling, good cardio. He’s by far the most well rounded LHW and has a dominant win over Vadim Nemkov in 2014, why is he so slept on for the LHW title picture?

View attachment 836648

According to coach Eric, him and Ngannou have been going to war in sparring

I am glad he beat that Ion guy. The 205 division has allot of good fighters in it. That Aleksandar Rakić fighter I am watching too. Izzy will have to work for keeping that belt if he gets it.

It was in amateur fight in 2014 when Nemkov became sambo world champion, but both were the two best amateurs in the world and I’ve never seen Nemkov get dominated like that in every facet of mma

Nemkov whoops him currently. Nemkov isn't getting choked out by Paul Craig.

This reminds me of when Roy Nelson beat Mir in a BJJ and a few years later fought him in a mma fight in the UFC and was completely dominated by Mir.

He's number 1 most likely to dominate the division imo, unless Izzy comes in and wants to stay.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back