News Zhang vs Rose in the works, UFC 261

Winner?

• Total voters

Great fight. I think it'll be competitive for 2 rounds & then Zhang pulls away.

Apologies of its already been posted but I searched the first 4 pages of threads & saw nothing.

YAY. So much for the Carla thread. I was worried too. I'm pretty confident Rose will win at least the first two rounds, the question is if she can hold on against Zhang's pressure. It would be amazing to see another early unexpected finish like in the Joanna fight.

Tbh I don’t have any interest in Carla Esparza vs anyone. I’m just not a fan of her style. Weili vs Rose is fire though.
Carla's cool as a person but yeah her style is like watching paint dry. Spam takedowns with no threat of finish

That date is 8 weeks away.

That seems like insufficient time to prepare for a title fight, so either they told the fighters already and they have been preparing or that is kinda fucked up to not give enough notice for a proper 12+ week camp for a world championship bout.

That date is 8 weeks away.

That seems like insufficient time to prepare for a title fight, so either they told the fighters already and they have been preparing or that is kinda fucked up to not give enough notice for a proper 12+ week camp for a world championship bout.
Valentina Shevchenko and Andrade is on the same date, and tha talso just got announced. I think the fighters have bene preparing. I posted a video with Namajunas taking an ice bath in a frozen lake dated about a week ago. Very certain she's been training.

Carla's cool as a person but yeah her style is like watching paint dry. Spam takedowns with no threat of finish
Yeah exactly. I get that a fighter has to use the skills they’ve got, but watching her bores me to tears. Although Joanna vs Esparza was pretty dope actually because Joanna just teed off on Carla’s ass. Maybe a fight with Weili would end up entertaining for the same reason? Esparza has nothing for Weili that I can see.

Great fight. Think Weili is too physical for her.

Tbh I don’t have any interest in Carla Esparza vs anyone. I’m just not a fan of her style. Weili vs Rose is fire though.
I think the UFC was leaking BS rumors to manipulate Rose.

Everyone knows that is the fight to make, but this week I have heard rumors of Carla and that other Asian chick getting the shot against Weili, ... which is likely a smokescreen to get Rose to take less money.

Back