News Jessica Andrade says this is how she's gonna beat Valentina Shevchenko

Geniusss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
In the case of her expected bout against Valentina Shevchenko, Andrade seems to already have her game plan all ironed out, and she believes her strategy will prove that Valentina’s greatness is not bulletproof.

jessica-andrade-ufc.jpg

“Valentina is a great fighter and has my total respect, but I think the strategy to fight her would be work on the ground and pound and don’t give her any space,” Andrade said. “She does well when she has space — and she’s a southpaw, so walk towards her weak arm and use my strength and my takedowns.

Shevchenko recently defended her belt against Jennifer Maia, who managed to win one round in all three scorecards on Nov. 21 by keeping the champion against the cage before scoring a takedown and staying on top. That’s similar to the ideal path to victory Andrade sees for the clash with Shevchenko, but she said you can’t stop after just one round.

“You have to make sure her arms and legs get tired in the first rounds so it gets easier,” Andrade said. “That’s something I do well. I’m strong against the cage and it takes a while before I get tired, so that’s my differential.”

“And kicks,” she added. “The more you kick…I see that the girls in our division don’t kick that much, and that makes the difference, especially when you kick on the right spot and starts to wear down the leg and your opponent starts to fade and feel the pain.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/12...shevchenko-historic-namajunas-jedrzejczyk-ufc

Thoughts on that? It's funny how she's saying that about kicks, doesn't she know that Valentina's kicks are the best in all the WMMA?

Also, apparently she's gonna come out like she always does, always agressive going forward, so she's not gonna respect Valentina at all... I undestand what she's saying about not giving Valentina space but Oh man she gotta be careful, if Valentina catches this girl with that left leg... I'm gonna go crazy lol

136_Valentina_Shevchenko_x_Jessica_Eye.jpg

It’s her best path to victory. I see nothing contentious about anything she said. Sounds like a solid gameplan.

As for the kicks. Well, she’s talking about people kicking Shevchenko. Not Shevchenko kicking them. Shevchenko kicking back is a given isn’t it?

Valentina the p4p best wmma fighter

I don't care if nunes beat her twice ....nunes wayyy bigger and valentina arguably beat her the second time . I would bet valentina to best her in a rematch but Amanda won't take the fight .

As for Andrade ....she's tough and strong ....but her forward aggression will actually make valentina shine in this fight .

Valentina normally happy to just outeork you with more technical striking ....but Andrade will push the pace and run face first into a knockout here .

Valentina via tko within the first 3 rounds ....probably 2nd round.

I won't make any predictions.
War Shevchenko, though.

Andrade is tough, I respect her durability and relentless pressure. She is not big enough to bully Shev like Nunes did. Shev is on another level, skill wise, and wins this fight without much trouble.

Nunes tried to ground and pound Shev in their first fight. Shev ate like a round and a half and then came back to take control of the fight. Andrade is big, has powerful takedowns and hits hard but she is no Amanda and bullet will have 5 rounds to work her way back into control.

Jess might have one or two moments where she lands something big. But for the most part I fully expect Valentina to style on her.

Sounds like a good gameplan. If Valentina has a weakness it's probably her cardio which is not bad but a little sus. She prefers those slow technical duels with the occasional strategic TD.
Andrade on the other hand has shown she can keep a high pace. It's not unrealistic that she can cinch with her, maybe take her down and tire her out. Ofc Valentina is still the clear favorite but Andrade might do better than expected.

Valentina doesn’t have the power to put Andrade down like that probably going to decision

You’re right. I deplore mmath at the best of times. But when people try to compare fighters that are nothing alike, I just smh. Imo Andrade is one of, if not the strongest, most powerful, and toughest woman in the UFC. She can take a punch, or a kick and keep walking forward. She has a great gas tank, and can even come back from losing the first round or two.

Weili steamrolled her, but I honestly don’t see how that’s relevant in any way. Not only do styles make fights. But, any fighter can get caught, or just plain and simply have a bad day. There’s so much that can affect a one time only sporting contest. At the highest level any little thing could be the difference.

If the odds actually determined who will ALWAYS win a fight. There would literally be no reason to ever actually fight. It’s a long shot, but my pick will be Andrade, unless something happens in the meantime to change my mind.

Back