Jan vs prime chuck Liddell. Who wins?

Jan by Jujitsu and suicide rope luck.

I've never been a Chuck fan but looking back on his career, ge gets underappreciated sometimes. I think Jan is a bit more advanced pretty much everywhere.

But either man could land the KO. I believe Chuck is a bit more readable coming in, but eeeehh 60/40 Jan by way of recency bias.

I'm seriously not sold on guys like Smith, Santos, Yan, Walker, Reyes and even Glover being some sort of evolutionary LHW compared to the 05 era of LHWs or the 2010 batch. As for Ankalaev, Crute, Jiri and Rakic it remains to be seen but theyre promising looking.

I think everyone says Chuck and it might be right, but Jan gets overrated even in this hypothetical match up I feel, great skills and serious power, he's a problem for anyone.

Jones aside, I don’t think LHW has evolved at all in the last 10 or more years. It may be even worse than HW.

Jan struggles against most of the top LHWs from Liddell’s era.

Reactions: TR1
Jones aside, I don’t think LHW has evolved at all in the last 10 or more years. It may be even worse than HW.

I think the evolution of lhw division was at its peak when Jones, DC, Rumble and Gus were at the top. Since then it’s regressed from what it used to be.

Lhws that Chuck beat were Couture, Ortiz, Belfort, Sobral. I don't think they would be much of a match. Pride lhw like Shogun and Rampage could be a challenge, but I think he would pick Apart Rampage and Shogun could be a challenge

I think the evolution of lhw division was at its peak when Jones, DC, Rumble and Gus were at the top. Since then it’s regressed from what it used to be.
It was the best time for LHW for sure. We do have some great prospects coming up like Jiri, Rakic, Ankalaev and Ulberg, some it may be good again soon. Jan is a beast though

Back