Just re-watched Rivera vs Yan

Unfinished Sentenc

testtest
@red
Reaction score
Petr Yan actually looked terrible in that fight apart from like 4 good shots he landed. Will post video soon but it makes me less confident in him against Aljo

I don’t really see the hype from Yan, aldo fight as a lot more competitive than people made it appear, I recall Faber having success before he was stopped as well, guess we’ll see when he finally fights a top 5 guy next weekend

Thats what makes a champion a champion. Perseverance.

His leg got chewed vs Aldo, switched stances and ended him.

Rivera's chin lost him the fight for sure. Yan is hella overrated, although he did beat 43 year old Faber and Aldo coming off 4 losses in 6 fights :/

This is a hell of a fight. Very different styles. Yan has better fundamentals for sure. Sterling has come back from injury, but his last 4 wins in the last 2.5 years are arguably stronger than Yan's 5.

Vegas has it a coin flip and I agree. If anyone has strong opinions on this, they should definitely lay big on an even money bet.

That was still a solid win, maybe not his best showing but he does what does which is win, and there's a lot of craftiness to him. I'd say his perseverance is the scariest thing. In the closer fights he had like this one, he really forces his will upon someone and makes people want to not be there before they're done. Aljo can get it done with his grappling, but if he doesn't do it, Yan is going to break him, for sure.

Okay well what about Sterling? Brutal ko loss to moraes.

yan may lose this fight but sterling isn’t some completely unstoppable force himself

Yup. The notion that Yan is a lock to beat Aljo is stupid. He doesn't even have a signature win yet. Overrated

Last edited:
Yan is the first champ in UFC history to win the title despite not having ANY top 5 wins. Ridiculous. Hes a great fighter but he is also overhyped.

I don’t really see the hype from Yan, aldo fight as a lot more competitive than people made it appear, I recall Faber having success before he was stopped as well, guess we’ll see when he finally fights a top 5 guy next weekend
Fabar had very very little success. Also Rivera is legit. He fought an awesome fight against Yan. He got caught with some heavy shots but landed a lot of really solid offense. Rivera is far from a scrub

He didn't look good in the Aldo fight either Aldo is past his prime and was still piecing him up.

Petr Yan actually looked terrible in that fight apart from like 4 good shots he landed. Will post video soon but it makes me less confident in him against Aljo
His striking is better than Aljos though imo
Plus Yan has great TDD and incredible scramble ability.

Good so why don't you tune in and find out how it goes down ya fuckin goof

To be fair Rivera has low key been a really strong competitor the last few years. His name isn’t huge in the sport, but he’s one of those really tough fights where if you beat him, you’re pretty legit in my book

Back