It's a shame we missed Ngannou VS Mark Hunt.

Mark Hunt must be the best fighter ever with a losing record. I mean is anyone else remembered so fondly and ranked so highly with a record like that? I mean there's Tank Abbot, but he's not ranked all that high as a fighter as much as he is remembered for being a pioneer.

Nah, by that point Hunt was getting hurt by Oleinik and dropping decisions to Big Titty. Francis would have finished him imo.
I think styles make fights.

Look at Francis VS Rozenstruik. If he was bullrushing that Hunt like that he would be sleeping.

Prime Hunt imo(Hunt VS Silva 1) sleeps him inside 1

Hunt is such a wild card. Ya never know what your gonna get. That being said war hunt anyway
Yeah, he was always just one punch away from a win, but on a bad night he was a punching bag, but never the whole fight, when you had him beat up for a couple of rounds you could see he was in killer mode again. At that time you could as a fan just hope for him to connect.

Derrick Lewis wouldve been a good one.

Just like Randy vs Fedor and Silva vs GSP wait... Hunt vs Ngannou what the fuck?!

Ngannou VS Hunt should have happened in 2013, at this time Francis was still green and 2y away from his debut.

So, its just a dream matchup and the best two versions of them are most probably like 6-7y away which lets me think that Hunt would have been knocked out, but who knows, its Mark the Super Samoan Hunt, you never know...

Mark Hunt must be the best fighter ever with a losing record. I mean is anyone else remembered so fondly and ranked so highly with a record like that? I mean there's Tank Abbot, but he's not ranked all that high as a fighter as much as he is remembered for being a pioneer.
Hunt had/has some serious talent, he just never had the work ethic. He loves fighting and is as badass as they come, but he loves eating and chilling just as much. A young Mark Hunt with the work ethic of someone like GSP could have been a UFC champ imo.

I think styles make fights.

Look at Francis VS Rozenstruik. If he was bullrushing that Hunt like that he would be sleeping.

Prime Hunt imo(Hunt VS Silva 1) sleeps him inside 1
rozenstruik is a pretty good striker himself......

Hunt had/has some serious talent, he just never had the work ethic. He loves fighting and is as badass as they come, but he loves eating and chilling just as much. A young Mark Hunt with the work ethic of someone like GSP could have been a UFC champ imo.
His was a flying knee away from being interim champ so I think you are right.
Read his book if you haven't.

He nearly was a ufc champ tho. Which is crazy given what his record looked like at the time and what it looks like now

His was a flying knee away from being interim champ so I think you are right.
Read his book if you haven't.
True, and he took that fight on short notice.

I might just do that, thanks!

We've seen Hunt get knocked out by guys of all sizes. Little guys, big guys. Leg kicks. Punches.

I don't feel like I missed out much on not seeing Frank knock him out.

Back