COVID Question

Paolo Delutis

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
To all the real life fighters on here or people who are actually training in North America and are in the know... preferably Canada or close to it

What are you guys/your gyms doing right now for fights??...Anybody actually getting scraps in?

I was getting my muay thai training in before covid started locking everything down here in Toronto , trying to prepare with my Japanese Jujitsu background for my first MMA fight but with covid everything has kinda stopped to the best of my knowledge

So who's offering fights right now?..im getting tired of the waiting...havent competed in so long and im developing a Covid couch body lol...which ive now started a home training camp as of yesterday

I want to know if i wanted to where could i book a fight?...if anywhere or am i stuck waiting

38462244639dc490d37898ab7b5a2c46.gif

Not a fighter, but I just wanna say I respect you and the guys like you who actually train and fight, whether it's your passion or a way to make a living. All the best.

To all the real life fighters on here or people who are actually training in North America and are in the know... preferably Canada or close to it

What are you guys/your gyms doing right now for fights??...Anybody actually getting scraps in?

I was getting my muay thai training in before covid started locking everything down here in Toronto , trying to prepare with my Japanese Jujitsu background for my first MMA fight but with covid everything has kinda stopped to the best of my knowledge

So who's offering fights right now?..im getting tired of the waiting...havent competed in so long and im developing a Covid couch body lol...which ive now started a home training camp as of yesterday

I want to know if i wanted to where could i book a fight?...if anywhere or am i stuck waiting

View attachment 836189
BJJ practicioner here on the east coast.
My gym is open and running like normal, we only closed for 2 months.
Also competitions haven't stopped at all.. Have done 1 since covid and have 2 more lined up for the next couple months.

BJJ practicioner here on the east coast.
My gym is open and running like normal, we only closed for 2 months.
Also competitions haven't stopped at all.. Have done 1 since covid and have 2 more lined up for the next couple months.

East coast state side or Canada?..

Man i am jealous...

I'm not a fighter but I do roll a tad and my Lifting Gym and JiuJitsu only closed for a few weeks and its been life as usual. Just like rolling in the past during Flu Season. Everything is going good. Hope you find somewhere to fight and best of luck.

I'm not a fighter but I do roll a tad and my Lifting Gym and JiuJitsu only closed for a few weeks and its been life as usual. Just like rolling in the past during Flu Season. Everything is going good. Hope you find somewhere to fight and best of luck.

Location or general area?

Covid didn't lock anything down btw but your authoritarian government did. Good luck finding some fights though. I know the UFC are putting on event still so that might be an option. When are we going to see you in there champ?

Covid didn't lock anything down btw but your authoritarian government did. Good luck finding some fights though. I know the UFC are putting on event still so that might be an option. When are we going to see you in there champ?

Well how often do you see 0-0 fighters in the UFC... Theres ur answer ...

Need more fights before i can meet the Dana...

NYC gyms are open, regular gyms as well as martial arts gyms, to my knowledge. Probably New York State the same? Just assuming. Booking fights I'm not sure about, but I think you could definitely train or spar in NY.

Edit: I think ECF (regional NYC promotion) is already scheduling events for 2021 in NY.

https://www.extremecagefightingnyc.com/

Well how often do you see 0-0 fighters in the UFC... Theres ur answer ...

Need more fights before i can meet the Dana...

If you've got a Brock Lesnar phyisque you could get there with a 3-0 record or so.

NYC gyms are open, regular gyms as well as martial arts gyms, to my knowledge. Probably New York State the same? Just assuming. Booking fights I'm not sure about, but I think you could definitely train or spar in NY.

I find that surprising t...the mayor of New york seemed pretty serious about combating covid ...

What are some local fight promotions out there?ill see if i can find if any fights r going on new yorks not too far from me..wouldnt the travel ban between states and canada block me from going there?..

I find that surprising t...the mayor of New york seemed pretty serious about combating covid ...

What are some local fight promotions out there?ill see if i can find if any fights r going on new yorks not too far from me..wouldnt the travel ban between states and canada block me from going there?..

Updated my post, this regional promo in NYC is already scheduling events I think. They are also recruiting fighters on Facebook and their website for their next events:

https://www.facebook.com/ECFMMA

About the restrictions, I don't think there's anyone who will make you comply with any restrictions coming in, although you'd have to look into it. You might need a negative test in order to travel or something, but I really don't know. Going back to Canada not sure how that works either, I've heard people have to quarantine for 2 weeks.

Updated my post, this regional promo in NYC is already scheduling events I think. They are also recruiting fighters on Facebook and their website for their next events:

https://www.facebook.com/ECFMMA

About the restrictions, I don't think there's anyone who will make you comply with any restrictions coming in, although you'd have to look into it. You might need a negative test in order to travel or something, but I really don't know. Going back to Canada not sure how that works either, I've heard people have to quarantine for 2 weeks.

Thanks bro will investigate more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back