Media Did Gaethje try to eyepoke Khabib?

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Or slap him? Was it a brain fart being caught between defending the takedown and punching?Was he trying to gauge distance? I use to be skeptical of intentional eyepoke claims, until I saw cormier flinging his fingers in an unnatural position. I also saw a video on eyepokes which now changed my mind on them.

Previous offenses
iu

FatMinorBats-size_restricted.gif

It was dirty hand positioning but did no damage.

The Khabib that fought that night was the most dangerous LW in history and the best p4p. Nothing could have stopped him.

He was trying to parry the jab with his lead hand
that's an acceptable and plausible answer.

Seems like he's just swapping at his face and not really for the jab.

I suppose the td threat could have thrown off the accuracy

Problem is you can do it with boxing gloves (hand open to parry or push) which is what most people use to spar. All the repetition in practice leads to bad habits when wearing mma gloves

Problem is you can do it with boxing gloves (hand open to parry or push) which is what most people use to spar. All the repetition in practice leads to bad habits when wearing mma gloves
That's true. I guess he was just trying to parry. I'll accept this as an answer. For me, it just look unnatural but that was probably due to the TD threat as well.

That's true. I guess he was just trying to parry. I'll accept this as an answer. For me, it just look unnatural but that was probably due to the TD threat as well.

Yeah, Justin hand does actually swat down Khabibs left there -- i dont think it was an intention to poke. That being said, lets get the Pride gloves in the UFC

Back