Would Derrick Lewis and Ngannou have been among the 50 untrained guys who could beat Joe Rogan?

Joe would beat the untrained versions with ease. He’d hit Lewis’ glass body with a turning side kick and he’d iminari roll into a heel hook against Francis.

Neither would last more than 30 seconds

Imagine having Derrick as a cellmate <6>
giphy.gif

My goodness, just saw that Derrick actually went to jail, didn't even know that before...
Going to jail would be the last thing I want in this life, although being a decent martial artist, I'm a 180 pound guy who never had to fight in the streets or whatsoever, I would be scared to death to fight even untrained 280 pounds beasts from the hood, but maybe are these fears unfounded since I know how to sweep from De La Riva guard <30>

Did Joe actually say that only 50 untrained guys in the world could beat him up...?

Real talk Joe is a Jean Jacques Machado black belt in BJJ and a black belt under Eddie Bravo in 10th planet Jiu Jitsu. He wrestled in high school. He was ranked 2nd in the US in Tae Kwon do, won loads of tournaments as a black belt. Joe had a few Kickboxing bouts and trained boxing a few years too. As he got older he trained like a mad man with all sorts of athletes, military, UFC fighters, coaches etc you name it.

I know hes a tiny bugger and now he's kinda old and stiff but say when he was 40, I think he melts an untrained 25 year old Derrick Lewis, probably the same goes for N"Gannou.

The guy hosting the podcast is obviously a douche but he is right on that

Oh I know about Redbar. He goes after Rogan, Schaub and the rest of the LA "comedians". Not gonna lie, he's kinda funny. Although he's also a massive racist.

He was just talking shit in a conversation. Im sure if we would analyze every convo you had in the past year (assuming you have friends) we would find some questionable stuff there too.

I was just asking dude. I only watch Joe's podcasts when he has someone interesting on. So I never heard the clip.

My goodness, just saw that Derrick actually went to jail, didn't even know that before...
Going to jail would be the last thing I want in this life, although being a decent martial artist, I'm a 180 pound guy who never had to fight in the streets or whatsoever, I would be scared to death to fight even untrained 280 pounds beasts from the hood, but maybe are these fears unfounded since I know how to sweep from De La Riva guard <30>

What about 258.5 pound version of Lewis? ;)

hqdefault.jpg

Real talk Joe is a Jean Jacques Machado black belt in BJJ and a black belt under Eddie Bravo in 10th planet Jiu Jitsu. He wrestled in high school. He was ranked 2nd in the US in Tae Kwon do, won loads of tournaments as a black belt. Joe had a few Kickboxing bouts and trained boxing a few years too. As he got older he trained like a mad man with all sorts of athletes, military, UFC fighters, coaches etc you name it.

I know hes a tiny bugger and now he's kinda old and stiff but say when he was 40, I think he melts an untrained 25 year old Derrick Lewis, probably the same goes for N"Gannou.

have you seen Joe box? he's not good at boxing even still after all the years of training he's done. there's definitely street tough guys who could knock him out if they ended up throwing hands.

Never ranked 2nd at anything and didnt wrestle in HS. He had no clue what a spladle was when Joe Daddy put it on Nate.

Claims to have had a few kickboxing matches, but no verification....weird since we all have seen the spinning kick against a scrub at a minor tkd tourney ad nauseum.

Joe wrestled a bit but he admitted himself he wasn't doing it too seriously (if you go by that, there are millions of kids who do judo for one year or two in Europe) so that doesn't really count.
Yyou have to be a very good wrestler in order to take down a 280 pound man as a 190 pounder, and I don't think Joe has that type of ability.
So we are left with a standup fight between 5.6 190 pound 65 inch reach Joe Rogan and 6.4 260 pounds with abs 83 inch reach Ngannou... not to mention Joe is scared to death of CTE and is a rich man who has a lot to lose... not sure the tkd and the 2 years of kickboxing will save him here.

<insert gif of tiny guy KO'ing super tall guy on basketball court here>

Back