Gaethje lost every moment of that fight.

Ajax41

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Myself and other fans seem to have become disenchanted with Gaethje as of late. It seems like he’s become super whiney and entitled lately even off the back of an embarrassing loss. No doubt Khabib can do that to people but he didn’t win a single moment of that fight. All he has said is that he was one leg kick away which shows that he came in with one weapon and when it didn’t work he had NOTHING. He was getting touched up from distance and when he did land something to get khabibs attention Khabib didn’t concede an inch. Instead of switching stances to hide the leg he shifted inside to create standing grappling exchanges. Justin was on the run the whole time. Then of course he immediately get swallowed on the ground in a way that literally none of Khabibs opponents have. The irony is that he is acting like the kicks were what saved him even though he was taken down and submitted in 30 seconds..... off a kick.
-
Justin is still a top 4-6 guy but for him to act like he has the leverage to speak on the title picture after that performance is a joke. He got exposed in a way that Dustin and Conor didn’t against Khabib. His lack of a ground defense showed a lack of dedication to the game. When you get starched like that you have to remind everyone of what you’re capable. He should have called Robert Whittaker for advice instead of acting like he still holds all the chips because of the number next to his name.

Justin has a huge hole in the grappling department, hopefully he starts training that again.

Myself and other fans seem to have become disenchanted with Gaethje as of late. It seems like he’s become super whiney and entitled lately even off the back of an embarrassing loss. No doubt Khabib can do that to people but he didn’t win a single moment of that fight. All he has said is that he was one leg kick away which shows that he came in with one weapon and when it didn’t work he had NOTHING. He was getting touched up from distance and when he did land something to get khabibs attention Khabib didn’t concede an inch. Instead of switching stances to hide the leg he shifted inside to create standing grappling exchanges. Justin was on the run the whole time. Then of course he immediately get swallowed on the ground in a way that literally none of Khabibs opponents have. The irony is that he is acting like the kicks were what saved him even though he was taken down and submitted in 30 seconds..... off a kick.
-
Justin is still a top 4-6 guy but for him to act like he has the leverage to speak on the title picture after that performance is a joke. He got exposed in a way that Dustin and Conor didn’t against Khabib. His lack of a ground defense showed a lack of dedication to the game. When you get starched like that you have to remind everyone of what you’re capable. He should have called Robert Whittaker for advice instead of acting like he still holds all the chips because of the number next to his name.
UFC%20254%20Khabib%20vs.%20Gaethje%20-%20Scorecards%20-%20Nurmagomedov%20vs.%20Gaethje.jpg

2/3 judges scored rd 1 for Gaethje. Thread fail.

He got beaten by the guy who’s beaten everyone, let’s see what Justin does going forward, things are still in his court as he’s still favored by the JBG’s. But to address your point, the Khabib loss was a terrible showing by Gaethje, the moment seemed truly too big for him, I expected him to lose when I heard some of the sound bytes during media week. He sounded overwhelmed, like he was trying to convince himself that here wasn’t self doubt, it was almost reminiscent of when opponents would choke against McGregor. Big talk, then when fight night would arrive they would look like a completely different fighter once in the Octagon.

TS doesn't know what "starched" means, getting easily subbed on the ground is not what it means.
Starched means getting stiffened by a punch or kick like Blaydes on Saturday

i think justin knew that after he landed clean and it didn't phase khabib he was done. his only chance was an early KO.

he wasn't able to deal with the forward pressure or grappling.

Gaethje will be back, he lost to Khabib, so did 28 other fighters.

UFC%20254%20Khabib%20vs.%20Gaethje%20-%20Scorecards%20-%20Nurmagomedov%20vs.%20Gaethje.jpg

2/3 judges scored rd 1 for Gaethje. Thread fail.

Because the judges always get it right. Khabib landed more strikes, controlled the cage and scored a takedown. Me you and the judges were all wishing that Gaethjes offense would add up to mean something but objectively it didn’t at all. Khabib was better with the lead hand and responded perfectly to his biggest threat. Nothing more to say.

That's like saying Black Beast Lewis was beating Blaydes the entire fight. Because although Blaydes was actually winning the first round, Lewis was patiently waiting to implement his game. And the fact he did later implement his game proves the argument.

Better question: why are we giving TS the satisfaction of answering his stupid trolling?

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

Last edited:
He got beaten by the guy who’s beaten everyone, let’s see what Justin does going forward, things are still in his court as he’s still favored by the JBG’s. But to address your point, the Khabib loss was a terrible showing by Gaethje, the moment seemed truly too big for him, I expected him to lose when I heard some of the sound bytes during media week. He sounded overwhelmed, like he was trying to convince himself that here wasn’t self doubt, it was almost reminiscent of when opponents would choke against McGregor. Big talk, then when fight night would arrive they would look like a completely different fighter once in the Octagon.

Well said. I think when that happens you have a lot to prove and calling shots right after just comes off like a lack of self awareness. Only Tony Ferguson gets away with that and that probably because he shoveled more shit than anyone in the sport to the point of losing his mind.

Man I like Khabib, great fighter. My only beef with the guy is activity and how inherently stupid his fan base is. Literally working overtime to be the GOAT dumbest delusional fan base.

Justin is 5-3 in the UFC and beat a few washed up fighters to get a title shot. It’s not like he had Jon Fitch, Cormier, Weidman, Cain, Glover etc momentum coming into the title fight. Barboza, Vick, Cerrone and a Furg clearly were in bad places. His ranking is warranted honestly.

Last edited:
Back