News Dana White confirms Leon Edwards vs. Khamzat Chimaev rebooked for March 13 main event

Azazyah

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted before but.
Dana White confirms Leon Edwards vs. Khamzat Chimaev rebooked for March 13 main event
After seeing two prior attempts to book Leon Edwards and Khamzat Chimaev fall through, UFC president Dana White is hoping the third time will be the charm.

White confirmed to MMA Junkie that the UFC has booked Edwards (18-3 MMA, 10-2 UFC) and Chimaev (9-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) to face off in the main event of the promotion’s upcoming UFC Fight Night card on March 13. The event currently does not have a confirmed venue or host city.

I honestly hope Edwards beats him. I’m really tired of listening to a guy without a single ranked win insert himself into championship match up convos. He says it like it totally makes sense, & everyone else sees him as this established legend.

Both them are overrated. Killer Edwards went 5 rounds with washed up Cerrone. He's only top 10 win is midget RDA. Khamzat beat 2 cans who everyone else would beat too, his biggest win is mediocre Gerald.

I’m starting to think Khamzat/Edwards is the new Khabib/Tony
cbf32d5daef838b6b4f88414c063ddb4.gif

I thought it was already announced? I guess this is the 'official' confirmation.

I have a strong feeling Khamzat dominates Edwards but that could probably just be me caught up in the hype. Edwards has never had elite TDD though, and I don't feel like he has enough power nor good enough striking to punish Khamzat on the feet.

I’m starting to think Khamzat/Edwards is the new Khabib/Tony
Except for this on people just wanns see Khamzat (at least me anyways.) You could send any top WW in there with him and I'd be just as happy.

Leon's moratorium in this sport coming off an 8 fight win streak and arguably in the peak of his prime is one of MMA's greatest mysteries and I've been around since UFC 1. Even the obvious camper Chiesa has already risked his top ranking in the time that Leon's been sitting out.

This is a retarded matchup, even if Khamzat manages to win this.

I'll believe it when I see them both there at the weigh ins and made weight. Other than that its just a potential fight.

I honestly hope Edwards beats him. I’m really tired of listening to a guy without a single ranked win insert himself into championship match up convos. He says it like it totally makes sense, & everyone else sees him as this established legend.
why the fuck would you want a boring cunt like that to win... we already lost greats like Khabib and Conor and now you want another exciting fighter to lose and be irrelevant

Damn. Dana is super set on giving Khamzat an undeserved title shot. Don't ruin a good thing, man. If Khamzat truly deserves it then let him prove it by letting him actually beat some people to the top.

Back