Cory vs frankie should be the main event right?

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Really strange choice of the ufc placing this fight as the co main, thats mostly sure the number 1 contender match for the next title chalenger at bw. Don't get me wrong overrem and volkov are top 10 guys but this match ain't taking them nowere.

Rankings alone are never the criterion they use to build up cards. Overeem is by far the biggest name on the card, hence the headliner.

I also don't agree that Cory vs Frankie is a title eliminator (probably is but not set in stone as BW is stacked rn).

That match is just a re-booked fight that should've happen last year anyway. And it is originally supposed to be a co-main event also on that Blaydes/JDS card. It's all good.

Rankings alone are never the criterion they use to build up cards. Overeem is by far the biggest name on the card, hence the headliner.

I also don't agree that Cory vs Frankie is a title eliminator (probably is but not set in stone as BW is stacked rn).
All of the top 5 are coming of losses though, unless rob font gets an oportunity for a big fight and wins this is pretty much the only fight there is to make for a title eliminator

Didn't Dana say something along the lines of the Heavier weight classes always headline?

There's a reason Overeem headlined his past few fights. He's much more popular and me personally would look forward to that fight than Frankie's/Sandhagen.

All of the top 5 are coming of losses though, unless rob font gets an oportunity for a big fight and wins this is pretty much the only fight there is to make for a title eliminator

Sure, and I think it might depend on how the fight goes as well. But I think Rob Font, Cody, and Aldo are in the mix as well. Plus, Dillashow's return is the real wildcard here.

Last edited:
Really strange choice of the ufc placing this fight as the co main, thats mostly sure the number 1 contender match for the next title chalenger at bw. Don't get me wrong overrem and volkov are top 10 guys but this match ain't taking them nowere.
A HW fight is always more prestigious than a manlet vs lanklet fight.

Sandhagen vs Edgar and Ferreira vs Dariush are the reason im watching the event.

Overeem-Volkov is more likely to produce a memorable finish than a Frankie main event

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back