Is the Zabit hype gone?

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I remember this guy got hyped to the moon a while back. Did it fade away due to inactivity? I think so. Shiit im seeing the same thing going on with Khamzat and he fought much more recently. Recency bias seems to be a big thing in here.

Goes to show you that activity is the key to hype. Even if you lose, activity will make people forget that loss.

Nah he's not going into obscurity, just kinda overshadowed by a huge fight last weekend is all. Let the bullshit blow over and he'll be back on Sherdog pages soon.

Due to inactivity his stock dropped a little, but he's a top-5 win away from being back in the conversation.

Pretty hard to have any hype when himself is gone, dude needs to fight and fast i don't know what he's waiting for

Yair has been annoying for sure. Zabit has been making entitled statements on his own though. He could've fought anyone else. Even if it is some scrub. He can still do that.

Fighting is better than not fighting.
I understand why he was pursuing that fight though. So there.

It is insane how high he is in the rankings. I still think he needs to fight someone like an Edson Barboza or Korean Zombie to be considered for a top 5 spot. In a 5 rounder of course. Shit I even think guys like Fili or Mitchell or Burgos gives him hell. Wish Emmet wasn’t injured cuz I think that would be the fight to make.

Once he puts on another stellar performance people will remember, he has the best chance at beating Volkanovski.

He’s a monster he just needs a fight. Pandemic has been hard on fighters. Appreciate the guys you’ve seen fighting multiple times the last year.

He's on that Leon Edwards plan of waiting for an opponent that'll never show up, and as a result sitting out 15-20 months.

Back