Im thinking vegas might be sleeping in Frankie Edgar...

mxer31

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I was kinda shocked to see Frankie at +320 vs Sandhagen.. Already threw a little money on Edgar but im interested to see what the you guys think. Between the results of their last fights, and the stylistic matchup, I just dont see how hes such a dog. Not saying hes a lock, but +320 is just disrespectful.

Only 3 rounds, I could see him hitting some takedowns & controlling Sandhagen on the ground for a boring decision. Sandhagen has a fine guard but Edgar has never been submitted. The only time I've ever seen him in trouble was a Bendo guillotine at UFC 144.

That being said, Frankie doesn't have his speed advantage at 135 & he's nearly 40 years old. He's taken a lot of damage over the course of his career & I think he's going to struggle to close the distance on Sandhagen.

WAR Frankie though. And WAR Overeem. (Even tho i have a big Sandhagen/Volkov parlay)

Sandhagen has far worse TDD than anyone Edgar has ever fought—the guys TDD is like 30 percent, and that's while facing mostly non wrestlers. That said, wrestling is really Edgar's only path to victory here. If it stays on the feet, he gets butchered, and Edgar's takedown game has diminished in his old years. Sandhagen is also great at scrambling.

I can see Edgar getting some takedowns but unable to secure position and sandhagen getting back up and going to work. I agree the line is off and disrespectful to Edgar's skill set, but logically I do have sandhagen as the favorite.

I'm rooting for Edgar to Yair his ass though.

Last edited:
Problem with betting on lighter weight fighters at Frankie's age is that they can just come in one day looking like a complete bum. If Edgar comes in 50% of his prime he will do to Sandhagen what he did to Yair. I would fade this bet though.

I hope Frankie gets destroyed.

on par with destruction at the hands of Ortega and KZ.

I don't think that makes any logistical sense whatsoever <Goldie11>

Well, if I was sleeping in Frankie Edgar it may as well be in vegas.

Back