Media Alvarez on Habib. 'I would be his toughest matchup

Mage

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Alvarez explains how Tibau had a perfect plan against Habib and arguably won that fight. Furthermore he says Tibau wasnt especially good on any specific skill set much like himself but an overall good fighter.
Honestly I feel he's being delusional
Thoughts?

I've been watching Eddie fight since BoDog or earlier... But there's no fuckin chance.

Wasn't Khabib in his early twenties when he fought Tibau? I mean it must have been a decade ago? And since then there's been a distinct difference in their career trajectories.

EDIT: Fun side bar... I was working with Nick "the goat" Thompson's dad when Nick TKOd Eddie in BoDog!

Last edited:
I want to see just somebody who wants to wrestle/grapple with Khabib. I want to see somebody who just sees a moving body and not the mythos surrounding it.

Nobody wants to wrestle with him because they know they will get mauled. Even if you put prime GSP in with him he would do everything possible to force a stand up

he's 1-1 with chandler though. so maybe he has a shot.

lmao

Like almost 10 years ago. If Eddie was such an amazing grappler, why couldn't he take down Conor? He should've used those otherwordly wrestling skills against Poirier and Cerrone too, since both of them outstruck him.

Oh, and Will Brooks is 2-0 vs. Chandler. Ironically, he was last seen getting submitted by an old Tibau in some minor league org.

Tibau didn't win the fight, only the haters are arguing that.

Tibau was probably 20 pounds heavier than Eddie inside the cage.

Khabib would ragdoll Eddie, and choke him out.

Last edited:
Reactions: mkt
Tibau was just the second fight of Khabib in an octagon, his gameplan wasn't even the same at that time.

I've been watching Eddie fight since BoDog or earlier... But there's no fuckin chance.

Wasn't Khabib in his early twenties when he fought Tibau? I mean it must have been a decade ago? And since then there's been a distinct difference in their career trajectories.
tibau was jacked up on steriods

It's not really news when someone says "I can beat X fighter". What are they supposed to say, I would lose to that person? Fighters tend to have confidence in themselves and believe they can win fights against other fighters in their weightclass. Especially a former world champ like Eddie.

But obviously he's well past his prime and hasn't fought in like 2 years and even in his prime wasn't nearly on Khabib's level. We all know how that fight would go.

Eddie did have some awesome anti-wrestling but he doesnt beat Khabib today.

Maybe in an alternate universe he would have beat Khabib at UFC 205, but not these days.

I'm not sure if anyone sticks out as the toughest match up for Khabib, but I don't think it's Eddie at this point in his career.

Khabib ragdolls alvarez...

Ryan hall taps khabib. Take that sherdog!

Toughest matchup for Khabib right now at 155 is probably Chandler. Good wrestler (who actually uses his wrestling now and then) with true KO power. He would be a heavy underdog though, and probably gets mauled anyway. Eddie's best days are behind him... 37 at LW is old, and he's taken tons of damage in his career, especially in the last few years. Even got finished in ONE. Maybe in his prime it would've been intriguing, but we're about 5 or 6 years past that at this point.

Alvarez explains how Tibau had a perfect plan against Habib and arguably won that fight. Furthermore he says Tibau wasnt especially good on any specific skill set much like himself but an overall good fighter.
Honestly I feel he's being delusional
Thoughts?

is that why you ducked him? bloody coward!

I want to see just somebody who wants to wrestle/grapple with Khabib. I want to see somebody who just sees a moving body and not the mythos surrounding it.

RDA tried shooting on Khabib when the latter was against the cage. Khabib stuffed and reversed the TD with ease, hip-tossing RDA onto the canvas and landing on top of him in dominant position.

STFU Eddie. He also said Conor would beat Dustin. Does he even listen to himself?

Back