Media Dustin Poirier New Interview on ESPN - Talks Trilogy & Khabib

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 545701

"Dustin Poirier joins First Take to recap his knockout win over Conor McGregor at UFC 257 and expresses interest in starting negotiations for a trilogy fight between the two. Poirier also discusses what he would do differently if a rematch against Khabib Nurmagomedov would be available."

Trilogy with Conor it is. I don’t think Oliveira deserves a shot yet he needs another win against top 3 opponent in a 5 round fight.

Dustin is a great person and a great fighter. If you don't like Dustin, you're either a delusional Conor hugger or something is wrong with you. I'm glad he's getting some shine right now. He deserves it.

All that said, Charlie Olives and he should fight next. If Dustin doesn't get a money fight against Nate - which he should take at this point since his stock will never be higher and I'm all for him getting paid - then it should be that title fight.

Trilogy with Conor it is. I don’t think Oliveira deserves a shot yet he needs another win against top 3 opponent in a 5 round fight.
Conor is 1-2 in LW and just got KTFO'd.
If he gets a free title shot next, it would be a total farce

Bro you don’t work for ESPN to clickbait this hard, post cliffs!

<codychoke>

I don’t think Oliveira deserves a shot yet he needs another win against top 3 opponent in a 5 round fight.
giphy.gif

Conor is 1-2 in LW and just got KTFO'd.
If he gets a free title shot next, it would be a total farce
It would be farce no doubt but Oliveira 100% isn’t getting a title shot at this point. If it’s not Conor, it will be Poirier vs Gaethje 2 or Poirier vs Chandler for the title. I don’t think Dustin wants to fight Gaethje again because even if he wins he’ll take a lot of damage in this fight.

I think in this situation UFC will let Poirier to choose an opponent who he wants to fight for the title.

Who did Oliveira beat besides aged Tony Ferguson (and it was a 3 round fight btw)?

Kevin Lee who shouldn’t even be in the top 10? Jared Gordon? Nick Lentz?

Yeah, give this guy a title shot!

You basically just said Conor "deserves" a shot more than Oliveira....
I don’t think Conor deserves it but if it will come to Poirier choosing an opponent he will choose McGregor. I think Gaethje should be the one to fight Poirier for the title.

It would be farce no doubt but Oliveira 100% isn’t getting a title shot at this point. If it’s not Conor, it will be Poirier vs Gaethje 2 or Poirier vs Chandler for the title. I don’t think Dustin wants to fight Gaethje again because even if he wins he’ll take a lot of damage in this fight.

I think in this situation UFC will let Poirier to choose an opponent who he wants to fight for the title.
If Dustin wants a money fight with Conor, sure give it to him.
But not for the belt.

Charles vs Chandler for the belt

Poirier deserves another easy payday before he faces more stiff competition.

I don’t think Conor deserves it but if it will come to Poirier choosing an opponent he will choose McGregor. I think Gaethje should be the one to fight Poirier for the title.
Ya I'm more on Oliveira's side that Justin's, but they are certainly at the top of the ladder above Chandler.

I think Dustin should make it really easy on Conor and Dana: agree to fight Conor and agree to give Conor's non-profit of choice $500k. Also, Dustin gets $5m + PPV points Conor just earned last fight, and Conor gets the flat $1m Dustin just earned last fight. Nice and easy, no drama :) they can agree, or choose not to agree.

Otherwise, Dustin v Charles, Michael v Justin, Conor v Nate (or whoever the fuck Conor decides on, since he has all the leverage).

Back