Remember Conor and his Team Hand Picked Porier

Bubba32

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
They wanted diego sanchez but ufc offered Justin Gaitje which conor and his team didnt want any part of so they hand picked the chiny porier who they already beat.

When youre hand picked opponents start flatlining you it's probably time to pack it in.

The look of regret
dR3pf2i_d.webp

Dustin is the second best LW out there. Handpick my balls(not literally).

Hindsight is always 20/20 and looking back if Conor would’ve fought Gaethje, he would’ve been beaten badly and I mean BADLY. Might’ve been over in the 1st round if Gaethje commits to the leg kicks. I don’t see a lot of good matchup for Conor at 155 besides Ferguson, Hooker, and Diaz.

Wouldnt you choose to fight a guy who you already beat instead of a monster like Justin Gaethje? Look how he faught Ferguson. Savage.

Atleast he can say"1-1" now. What would he say after losing to Gaethje? Ali would bury him. Conor would delete himself move to the forest and start making outdoor videos catch and Cook series on youtube lol

Wouldnt you choose to fight a guy who you already beat instead of a monster like Justin Gaethje? Look how he faught Ferguson. Savage.

Atleast he can say"1-1" now. What would he say after losing to Gaethje? Ali would bury him. Conor would delete himself move to the forest and start making outdoor videos catch and Cook series on youtube lol

Gaethje wouldn't have been as nice as Dustin, he would've rubbed it in his face afterwords and kept doing it forever like Khabib does, except with American insults and more profanity.

He handpicked Dustin because he knew if he lost it would be 1-1. His team approached this like a gambling man. It was a calculated risk.

Gaethje wouldn't have been as nice as Dustin, he would've rubbed it in his face afterwords and kept doing it forever like Khabib does, except with American insults and more profanity.

Thats what I also think. So smart move by Conor even If he lost he would lose anyway.

Hand picked to fight the #1 LW contender. Sure that makes sense...

Hand picked to fight the #1 LW contender. Sure that makes sense...
Well it kind of does, in the fact that he was the only top 5 contender that Conor has fought before and beat. He was a known quantity (or so they thought), and was supposed to be the easiest KO for Conor especially given he was coming off a war with Hooker.
So "hand picked" in the sense of picking out of top 5 opponents that would give him a legit claim to rematch Khabib. Also, Gaethje and Tony were both coming off a loss. shrug.

yup dustin was supposed to be the hand picked guy that would be a relatively easy striking match. the odds showed it too.

hopefully conor and his team are off the koolaid and realize his striking is just 'top 5' at best in the LW division. He needs to avoid gaethje. Maybe fight a washed tony ferguson next ? But if tony decides to implement a ground game for once it might get ugly for conor.

Back