Conor needs to take a fight with somebody like Felder...

MMAMAX

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Give yourself a run into a contender/championship fight and build your level up from slightly lower down.

Felder can talk. Conor can talk. Irish Dragon v Irish Conor Mcgregor. Easier fight for Conor. Gives him a chance to shake off the rust while staying safer. Paul is tough though, and if he lost that fight it would be game over.

Conor needs to fight a rematch with Cerrone and then Diaz. He's not beating anyone else of consequence.

Yeah I've mentioned Felder as an opponent in a couple of threads. He's likely to stand and bang and is a recognisable name for casuals. Plus Conor can start calling him fake Irish in the buildup which has the potential to be funny.

Conor shouldn't be fighting guys that he's already beat like Dustin, Nate, Cowboy at 155 (lol) even Max and Aldo (with people saying that he should go back to 145) for his next fight. Give him a fresh match up. He's on the rebuild stage at this point. Give him someone like RDA and bill it as an 'unfinished business' or something or even Tony. But imo Felder should get Tony next coz they've fought a lot of same opponents, same age, both lost their last 2, both can talk and do 'hype-up' promos, and style-wise, with both love to stand and put on pressure with their cardio, it would be an all out war. Guaranteed Fight OTN.

He is so popular he will always get an easier path to the title because of this. Not fair but UFC is a business boys

Conor needs to fight a rematch with Cerrone and then Diaz. He's not beating anyone else of consequence.
No offense but Connor rematching Cerrone has to be one of the dumbest things I've read in a long time . Not happening nor should it ever happen . Fuckin hell him fighting Diego would be better and that's be a travesty .

He needs to fight someone like Diego. Felder is a super high risk fight, he's violent and durable and a big 155er. Wasn't outsized at 170. Conor may gas landing punches and then Felder would elbow his face into the mat.

Give yourself a run into a contender/championship fight and build your level up from slightly lower down.

Felder can talk. Conor can talk. Irish Dragon v Irish Conor Mcgregor. Easier fight for Conor. Gives him a chance to shake off the rust while staying safer. Paul is tough though, and if he lost that fight it would be game over.
at this point, if Conor fights Felder, my money is on Felder to win. Really.

That would be a great fight, although I'm not so sure Felder would get smoked. I would expect Conman to win, but wouldn't be surprised if Felder's determination, grit (and striking skills) proved too much. Still, let's make it happen!

He needs to fight someone like Diego. Felder is a super high risk fight, he's violent and durable and a big 155er. Wasn't outsized at 170. Conor may gas landing punches and then Felder would elbow his face into the mat.
I posted here before reading this, but yes 100%. Felder isn't an easy outing for *anyone* (well, maybe Khabib). And Dustin showed us that grit, heart, and relentless striking can crack Conman. So, yeah. Felder would *not* be a safe fight. Let's make it happen!

P.s.- Haha, but there would of course be the possibility of Felder, as a near-retirement company man, taking a dive!

100% agreed. fight someone you can beat, then rematch poirier, improve your stance and check those legkicks. that should do it.

Tony makes the most sense I think, 2 big names, close in rank, both coming off a loss, why not?

Felder gets past the first round, and starts to work Conor.. And then Conor is done. Dana aint doing that. I don't think that's as easy of a fight that you think

Back