"Chandler, Poirier won 50k, congratulations"

KOPPE

אהיה אשר אהיה
@red
Reaction score
this cheap goof...
imagine saying that at the biggest event of the year where the whole world is watching!
its funny how whenever the topic of fighter pay comes up, Pink goof always goes after the high earners complaining about not being paid more money while refusing to address the people who have to train full time yet can't make a freakin living and support themselves because they're making what, 10k to show and 10k to win?

Reactions: G10
50K means a lot more to the guys on the bottom of the card. Poirier and Chandler barely needed the extra money.

The ufc have always been cheap. I saw that Dustin Porier got 1M and Conor got 5 mil so when their paying abit more they fuck it up anyway

What's really baffling here is that these bonuses used to be 70K cheques many years ago, when there was a "KO of the night" bonus, a "submission of the night" bonus and a "fight of the night bonus". Then, suddenly, they went down to being 50K cheques.

Granted, if none of the fights ended in a KO or a sub, they wouldn't hand out those specific bonuses. But in case anyone missed it, inflation is a fucking thing.

What's really baffling here is that these bonuses used to be 70K cheques many years ago, when there was a "KO of the night" bonus, a "submission of the night" bonus and a "fight of the night bonus". Then, suddenly, they went down to being 50K cheques.

Granted, if none of the fights ended in a KO or a sub, they wouldn't hand out those specific bonuses. But in case anyone missed it, inflation is a fucking thing.

It used to be up and down. It'd generally be more than 50k for PPV's, but like 20/30k for fight nights.

Love Dana but HATE the "won 50k" saying. It's patronising and ridiculous in this sport. Even "given 50k" is better than bloody won.

It used to be up and down. It'd generally be more than 50k for PPV's, but like 20/30k for fight nights.
Thanks for refreshing my memory, sir! I believe it was 70K in PPV fights, then it might have gone down to 60K, and then this flat rate structure of 50K in amy event.

Yeah i remember them being higher than 50k.

God forbid Dana plays 5 less hands of blackjack every month and ups the bonus to something like 100/150k, or creates a seperate extra prelims bonus.

Its insane how big of a piece of the pie the UFC takes.

50K means a lot more to the guys on the bottom of the card. Poirier and Chandler barely needed the extra money.
50K is a bit of a funny bonus considering Dustin's purse was 1 million. if you're making 20/20 I'm sure it seems like a lot tho.

Back