Now is the time For McGregor vs Al Iquinta

ThoskaBrah

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
McGregor mentioned Al in a pre fight interview saying he'd like to fight him one day. Now is the perfect time for that fight.

Official prediction: Al by flying knee in the third round.

Hasn't won in 2 years. Loss to a well past his prime Cerrone whose lost 4 in a row since then aswell.

This isn't quite as bad as the Diego call out but it's not too far off.

If these two fought the only winner would be ring rust.

I dont see UFC putting him in there with Honest Al.

Al isnt gonna play ball at the presser like Cowboy and DP (i at least hope not)

as far as the fight itself,id love to see it

Conor should definitely take a step down in competition but that means Nate Diaz or smtg like that, Al Iaquinta is a no-name, I'd be really surprised if that fight happens or is even discussed.

I think Al is a little too low on the totem pole to sell seriously (though I bet he'd still do a million PPV's against him).

Paulie Felder would be my pick if they're looking for a fight that should be comfortable stylistically but also against a respectable opponent.

Al, paulie, hell even Hooker are all good matchups..

If you wanna be more ballsy..

Toss Fighter Kevin Lee into the mix.

If Conor doesn't get Al out of there early it would be an embarrassingly long night for him. Also there is a chance Al grapple fucks him, he's got more wrestling credentials and is a better wrestler than Dustin who took him down with easy. That said I'd expect an early KO from Conor.

Lol would be great press conferences if Al argued with him about who did better in getting whooped by Khabib, and Conor insulted the houses Al sells in real estate. <Lmaoo>

Good thinking, TS, but Raging Al might not have fallen off enough yet to be a safe opponent for McGregor to rebound against.

Choose one of the following:

Diego Sanchez
Donald Cerrone 2
BJ Penn
Urijah Faber
Matt Hughes

Al could be a tough fight for him. I just think it's funny that Conor is choosing guys that aren't in the top 5, but wants to make a run at the title.... It's like his last LW title shot. He fought fucking no one to get it. Then there's his FW title shot, they cherry picked the fuck out of his fights to get him to Aldo.

Back