Dustin Poirier’s master plan and revenge tour

The Chosen

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dustin took out the man who arguably gave him his most humiliating loss. Now Dustin wants to be crowned the champ immediately since he sees that fight already having been the title fight:

Now Dustin said he was moving up to welterweight after the Conor fight, and he wants to do this to avenge American Top Team. The entire pro stable of ATT welterweights have been decimated by Kamaru Usman, remember Usman won TUF Blackzillians vs American Top Team, and his last two defenses were fighters coached under Matt Brown: Colby and Masvidal. Dustin wants to be double champ and take out Usman. He knows that will redeem himself from the humiliation and despair he felt from the Khabib loss, and redeem his gym since they currently have no championship fighters largely because of this reason.

Last edited:
0_Esec9aaWMAERGgh.jpg

Marty will murder poirier lol, he used to be a featherweight. Besides poirier needs to get past olly or chandler for the title.

Marty will murder poirier lol, he used to be a featherweight. Besides poirier needs to get past olly or chandler for the title.
Chandler is a Blackzillian as well, but he wants to take out his big bro Usman for sure

I mean, I love Dustin, but what exactly is he gonna do to Usman? Dustin is a very similar fighter to Jorge, but a bit smaller with no experience at 170. He gets held against the fence or on the canvas to a 50-45 or 49-46 unanimous decision W for Usman. Dustin is much better off staying at 155 where I think he is the best guy in the division with Khabib retired.

Then make Chandler vs. Oliveira for the next crack at Dustin. This solves all the short term problems for the fighters, fans and the UFC...

Everyone wins here.

He's coming off a loss unfortunately...
I was thinking poirier v oliveira for the title and gaethje v chandler for the #1.
Alternatively, I can understand Dana's preference of poirier v chandler and gaethje v oliveira.

Hey, both options work well with me. But if I had to choose between Poirier being Champion and seeing Gaethje in the title contention, I'd go with Dustin. He's earned it in blood and paid his dues in full... Give him his rightful crown.

Hey, both options work well with me. But if I had to choose between Poirier being Champion and seeing Gaethje in the title contention, I'd go with Dustin. He's earned it in blood and paid his dues in full... Give him his rightful crown.
That makes sense.

Why would Dustin ever want to fight Usman lol? Does he get the better of Masvidal in practice or something? I doubt it but that's the only way this can even remotely make sense.

Back