Truth Time For The UFC

datfnguy

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
1-3 does not equal top 10 anywhere.

Conor's PPV buys can't be reason enough to keep putting him in near unwinnable fights.
1. His WW record doesn't stack up to anyone in the top 10 and
2. His inactivity puts him at an even bigger disadvantage.

As much as I didn't think he would win, I also didn't envision him putting on such a bad display of fight IQ.

I can't help but think Jones will be next. Sure he is technically undefeated, but HW is a longer way up than any other move. Couple that with the layoff and throw him in with someone who just won a title fight... Not a good night out for Jon.

1-3 does not equal top 10 anywhere.

Conor's PPV buys can't be reason enough to keep putting him in near unwinnable fights.
1. His WW record doesn't stack up to anyone in the top 10 and
2. His inactivity puts him at an even bigger disadvantage.

As much as I didn't think he would win, I also didn't envision him putting on such a bad display of fight IQ.

I can't help but think Jones will be next. Sure he is technically undefeated, but HW is a longer way up than any other move. Couple that with the layoff and throw him in with someone who just won a title fight... Not a good night out for Jon.
<seedat>

I agree in this case, but his 1-2 (he’s only had 3 fights at LW) is against Alvarez, Khabib, and Porier. Two of those fights were for the title, and the last pretty much for the uncrowned title.

Ok, so he’s worse than the top two guys in the decision - so he gets kicked out of the top 10? Where’s the logic in that?

Looking at recent records without looking at the opponents and performance is silly

Eh. I don't know if you've realized this yet but Conor needs to be matched up against people who headline a PPV. It can't be someone random. The same rules do not apply here for someone going 1-3. I think a Diaz trilogy would be nice. I'm pretty sure he's not in the top 10 a LW and that would be a money fight.

He should lobby to fight Chandler, a stocky wrestler who relies on a big overhand, that's his bread and butter and probably the most winnable fight in the lw elite.

I agree in this case, but his 1-2 (he’s only had 3 fights at LW) is against Alvarez, Khabib, and Porier. Two of those fights were for the title, and the last pretty much for the uncrowned title.

Ok, so he’s worse than the top two guys in the decision - so he gets kicked out of the top 10? Where’s the logic in that?

Looking at recent records without looking at the opponents and performance is silly
I think you are suggesting he keep fighting top guys because the two guys who finished him (you are right 1-2) are champ material. I'm suggesting that he will also lose to Gaethje, Olives and Chandler, who beats Dustin if the do ever fight.
We were never this clear on who can or should beat him in the past.

Looking at the events at the weight decide the ranking. Conrad isn’t a top 10 lw

Eh. I don't know if you've realized this yet but Conor needs to be matched up against people who headline a PPV. It can't be someone random. The same rules do not apply here for someone going 1-3. I think a Diaz trilogy would be nice. I'm pretty sure he's not in the top 10 a LW and that would be a money fight.
Yeah I totally missed his PPV success

Too much would have to happen in order for it to go down, but Conor versus NICK Diaz at 170 feels like the optimal fight from a business perspectiv.e

It would sell and at this point I actually feel like Nick is less of a threat to Conor than Nate.

How long is his one win against alvarez supposed to mean anything? Eddie ain't even in the ufc anymore.

If he actually FOUGHT any of the other top 10 we'd have more evidence. But refusing to fight or else to only fight handpicked rematches is why we can't assume a 1-2 fighter who barely fights in MMA is top 10 in a division where most of the top 10 likely beat him. Onus is on ihim.

Back