Truthfully, a lot of people don't want to see GSP and Khabib because Khabib steamrolls him

hbombfromhell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wake up people, it's 2021. GSP is 40 and his wrestling and grappling are rudimentary compared to Khabib's exotic sambo, judo throws and trips, wrestling and all the other grappling arts he's mastered. He knows the names of moves GSP has never even heard of. I'm not even convinced GSP is a better striker. I think Khabib's movement would throw him for a loop.

GSP taking Khabib down won't work either. Because Khabib is the best ground fighter in the business and GSP is a wet blanket. Khabib will bend him into a pretzel.

There's a reason Khabib is the solid favourite.

I don't really care if GSP/Khabib never happens. I'd rather see him come back if someone new dominates LW for a couple years and he wants to test himself. Otherwise, I've seen Khabib steamroll enough competition. I prefer more evenly matched fights at the top.

Wake up people, it's 2021. GSP is 40 and his wrestling and grappling are rudimentary compared to Khabib's exotic sambo, judo throws and trips, wrestling and all the other grappling arts he's mastered. He knows the names of moves GSP has never even heard of. I'm not even convinced GSP is a better striker. I think Khabib's movement would throw him for a loop.

GSP taking Khabib down won't work either. Because Khabib is the best ground fighter in the business and GSP is a wet blanket. Khabib will bend him into a pretzel.

There's a reason Khabib is the solid favourite.

Your opinion is about as timely as your join date.

Personally I'd like to see that fight and I think fans of either fighter would like to see it as well.

GSP's "rudimentary" wrestling was more than sufficient against fighters that had extensive back grounds in actual wrestling.

What's working against GSP is father time and all the repaired damage to his knees. Also where this would sit in terms of weight class would be a big factor.

I'd agree only that Khabib would be favored to win but a lot of people (myself included) thought that GSP taking a fight against a MW champ that spent half his career at LHW was suicide.

Khabib would smoke Prime GSP. GSP would try everything to keep the fight standing.

GSP might get a takedown, but there's no way he keeps Khabib on his back. Would be an amazing to see Khabib grind GSP's legacy to dust.

I have zero desire to see 40 hrs old GSP come back and drain himself so some do nothing can try to build his legacy off him, instead of accruing title defenses the way GSP did.

I think that fight would do really great numbers live and through ppv sales. I think if GSP has lost too much of what he has..it'd be a pretty quick finish. I have ulcerative colitis and I know how much it can take out of you. I'm not 30 either.

GSP I think succeeded because he was a smarter fighter than his opponents. That's all he needs. I don't know how anybody can stop Khabib though. I thought Justin could and if he fought him again with a better plan..he might of. He didn't though. Khabib only wants new challenges.

Khabib fighting Usman would be interesting. I'd like to see that. If he won, Khabib vs Colby would be the greatest humbling of all time.

You'd think we'd move on from a 40 year old GOAT, with UFC being bigger than soccer worldwide.

Truthfully, a lot of people don't want to see GSP and Khabib because GSP steamrolls him

Wake up people, it's 2021. GSP is 40 and his wrestling and grappling are amazing compared to Khabib's rudimentary grappling. GSP knows the names of moves Khabib has never even heard of. I'm not even convinced Khabib is any kind of a striker. I think GSP's jab would throw him for a loop.

GSP taking Khabib down will work. Because Khabib is not proven against top grapplers, GSP is as good as it gets. GSP will bend him like a pretzel after smashing him with jabs.

There's a reason GSP is the solid favourite.

Last edited:
Two retired fighters rolling around on the floor and exchanging pleasantries lmao

Id be more interested in seeing khabib join GSP in hunting for UFO's in the mountains of Dagestan at this point

Khabib should fight usman instead

Khabib would smoke Prime GSP. GSP would try everything to keep the fight standing.

GSP might get a takedown, but there's no way he keeps Khabib on his back. Would be an amazing to see Khabib grind GSP's legacy to dust.

lol...prime GSP ate decorated wrestlers alive.

Today probably not.

im sure thats the case with some.

You can certainly argue that a younger, more active, and even more dominant champ in Khabib would be the favourite, but when you consider their overall skill sets and how the fight likely plays out, it seems *very* unlikely that Khabib would 'steamroll' GSP.

I have zero desire to see 40 hrs old GSP come back and drain himself so some do nothing can try to build his legacy off him, instead of accruing title defenses the way GSP did.
like this guy right here

It's a weird fight to make tbh. Why not just fight Usman? It's been over 7 years since GSP was champ at 170 and his laat fight was 4 years ago and at 185. This would basically be an exhibition match at this point. Also Oliveira is in the same weight class, Oliveira vs Khabib is the fight to make if Khabib fights again.

Back