Is Poirier simply the uncrowned champ now?

HockeyBjj

Putting on the foil
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Khabib says he's retired, Dana just says he's keeping the belt on Khabib to help potentially lure him back.

Assuming Khabib stays out of the cage, do we all see Porier as the new champion? If only he'd made 155 not 156, gifting him the belt in a couple months if Khabib still won't entertain a new fight would be a lot easier

Prior interim champ, only lost to Khabib since 2016.

Wins over Gaethje (#2), McGregor (#4), Hooker (#6), Eddie Alvarez (was ranked #9 at the time) in the last 2 and a half years. So not ancient history by any means.

iu

I hope Dustin fights Chandler or Charlie Olives next. If not, I have no issue if Dustin sits out while those other two fight for the belt.

Khabib says he's retired, Dana just says he's keeping the belt on Khabib to help potentially lure him back.

Assuming Khabib stays out of the cage, do we all see Porier as the new champion? If only he'd made 155 not 156, gifting him the belt in a couple months if Khabib still won't entertain a new fight would be a lot easier

Wins over Gaethje (#2), McGregor (#4), Hooker (#6), Eddie Alvarez (was ranked #9 at the time) in the last 2 and a half years. So not ancient history by any means.

In my opinion he is no1 in the division and he will probs have to beat Charles or Chandler to be crowned but it will always have an asterisk because of how easily Khabib dismissed him.

Just strip Khabib already, he doesn't even want the belt lol

Khabib says go ahead. Dana doesn't want to because he's trying everything possible to whoo him back

Not until he beats Chandler

Clearly.
Gaethje has a claim but Poirier has a recent win over him.
Oliveira has a stronger claim, just doesn't quite have the resume of Poirier
Chandler made a big mark on Saturday but hasn't put in the work in the division yet IMO.

No one else has a claim.
That's why Dustin should fight Charles, and Justin should fight Chandler.

Yes. But he does need to fight Oliveria to become the crowned champ

Yes. Simple as, really

I don’t think so. Remember that Conor was 1-1 at 155 going into this fight.

He should have to get 1 more win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back