I think we can all agree that Conor McGregor is the most delusional fighter of all time. But....

PanicWrassler

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do you think he was honestly under the impression that his “shoulder strikes” were some kind of lethal weapon?

We saw him use them on Cowboy’s corpse with effect, but Cowboys general resistance at this point is so piss poor that when he try’s on a Cowboy hat his legs buckle.

I always thought him talking like those shoulder strikes were actually effective lethal strikes was a joke on his part, but to my surprise he then tried to use them again against Poirier to which obviously had little effect.

What’s your thoughts? Will the shoulder strike method be abandoned?

The strikes he threw on Cowboy broke his nose. Not so much on Dustin, doesn't mean they didn't affect him.

I think "I could beat Cain under the right circumstances" Ronda Rousey is a bit more delusional than Conor

But to your question, if you control your opponent's body so there's not much power generated from the shoulder strikes, so it's fairly easy to defend and more of an annoyance, unlike the deadly and sadistic foot stomps Usman unleashes

giphy.gif

They may not be fighters, but his fans take the cake on being delusional.

He played the clinch game which is far from his style...took the power out of his left hand...and people trying to inflate the case that it was all calf kicks...Conor doesn't have a solid chin, Diaz buckled him, Khabib dropped him...he has good recovery but who can recover from that combo Dustin unleashed?

Dunno what you're talkin about, the shoulders he landed on Dustin were decent.
TS doesn't realize just because even if a strike doesn't wobble someone, it can do significant damage. It was clear that Proirier did not like taking those shoulder strike at all. Proirier thought those strike hurt so much, that he kept trying to do the same thing. Why would Proirier bother throwing shoulder strikes if he feel nothing on them.

TS doesn't realize just because even if a strike doesn't wobble someone, it can do significant damage. It was clear that Proirier did not like taking those shoulder strike at all. Proirier thought those strike hurt so much, that he kept trying to do the same thing. Why would Proirier bother throwing shoulder strikes if he feel nothing on them.
I thought Porier was doing back for comedy value.

The strikes he threw on Cowboy broke his nose. Not so much on Dustin, doesn't mean they didn't affect him.
Right because Cowboy’s corpse is made of glass like I said.

There’s no other reason why a strike like that would do that kind of damage.

Do you think he was honestly under the impression that his “shoulder strikes” were some kind of lethal weapon?

We saw him use them on Cowboy’s corpse with effect, but Cowboys general resistance at this point is so piss poor that when he try’s on a Cowboy hat his legs buckle.

I always thought him talking like those shoulder strikes were actually effective lethal strikes was a joke on his part, but to my surprise he then tried to use them again against Poirier to which obviously had little effect.

What’s your thoughts? Will the shoulder strike method be abandoned?

Casuals were oohing and ahhing at the bar. My ex roommate and I were laughing at that

Another dummy

Idk what effect they had on Poirier but he certainly didn't like them.

I thought those shoulder strikes looked pretty hard and Poirier didn't like them either. Just because they didn't win him the fight doesn't mean they have no value.

One connected hard on dustin nose. Very fast and powerful shot.
It was touch and go there, I know dustin has hard nose issues I the past.I

I thought Porier was doing back for comedy value.
Possible, but I'd say unlikely because at that point, he was fighting very cautiously and was very concerned about getting KO'd by Conor. If he did that in round two when he was in control, then I would likely agree.

One connected hard on dustin nose. Very fast and powerful shot.
It was touch and go there, I know dustin has hard nose issues I the past.I

He almost had Dustin out of his feet with the shoulder strikes you think?

You should message Conor on Instagram and let him know for when he does an interview in the coming weeks

Could do with more laughs.

They look painful, the shoulder is hard, it was hard enough to break Cowboy's face and make him think he got hit with an elbow, its definitely effective, but obviously not something he's gonna build his game around lol, just a little tool in the clinch

Back