Some non bias thoughts regarding Conor and Khabib

gaffbyknees2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Conor - Everyone is bashing the shit out of him (myself included) but that's more because it's fun and his hardcore fans are delusional morons with tasty tears. The fact is though he did not look that bad at all. He did win the first round and landed some great shots that definitely hurt Dustin to some degree. Also instead of bashing Conor so hard we should really be giving Dustin more credit for how in his prime and dangerous he is right now. Those calf kicks stopped Conors movement and Dustin was able to plant his feet and get the finish. Major props to Dustin. Conor handled the loss way better than a lot of fighters and even went to the post fight conference. Conor is absolutely at a cross road right now and I think the best fight for him is Tony in a loser leaves town match. He is surrounded by yes men and he will either change things up and and come back with one last run in mind or he is done and he can just enjoy his wealth.

Khabib - I love Khabib but take that belt off him right now. He has said many times he is not coming back so what are we waiting for? Also if Khabib wants to say he no longer wants to fight because his father is not around anymore I understand that completely. However if he is going to say he has no challenges that I simply cannot buy. If he is a competitor why not simply move up to 170 and truly challenge yourself? He has had weight issues before and 170 has a plethora of high end wrestlers who could give him fits. I would love to see Khabib vs Colby or Usman. Hell even Chiesa I have to think could be a nightmare for Khabib. Also who the hell retires at 29-0 come on.... not 30?? 29??

Say what you want about Conor but he did always want to move up and challenge himself. The gray area is nutthuggers will say it was braver than defending a title and haters will say he was ducking defending his belt. Whatever that's a matter of opinion but I think it's a copout for Khabib to act like he has nothing left to prove. Just my opinion.

I think many ppl are trashing him because he looked pretty bad compared to his past fights.

And yes, tons of trolls and haters aswell obviously.

Conor always shines in R1 and maybe R2
After that he is pretty much done for :confused::confused:

Conor - Everyone is bashing the shit out of him (myself included) but that's more because it's fun and his hardcore fans are delusional morons with tasty tears. The fact is though he did not look that bad at all. He did win the first round and landed some great shots that definitely hurt Dustin to some degree. Also instead of bashing Conor so hard we should really be giving Dustin more credit for how in his prime and dangerous he is right now. Those calf kicks stopped Conors movement and Dustin was able to plant his feet and get the finish. Major props to Dustin. Conor handled the loss way better than a lot of fighters and even went to the post fight conference. Conor is absolutely at a cross road right now and I think the best fight for him is Tony in a loser leaves town match. He is surrounded by yes men and he will either change things up and and come back with one last run in mind or he is done and he can just enjoy his wealth.

Khabib - I love Khabib but take that belt off him right now. He has said many times he is not coming back so what are we waiting for? Also if Khabib wants to say he no longer wants to fight because his father is not around anymore I understand that completely. However if he is going to say he has no challenges that I simply cannot buy. If he is a competitor why not simply move up to 170 and truly challenge yourself? He has had weight issues before and 170 has a plethora of high end wrestlers who could give him fits. I would love to see Khabib vs Colby or Usman. Hell even Chiesa I have to think could be a nightmare for Khabib. Also who the hell retires at 29-0 come on.... not 30?? 29??

Say what you want about Conor but he did always want to move up and challenge himself. The gray area is nutthuggers will say it was braver than defending a title and haters will say he was ducking defending his belt. Whatever that's a matter of opinion but I think it's a copout for Khabib to act like he has nothing left to prove. Just my opinion.
Very good post. I like seeing unbiased opinions on here. They are few and far between.

Usman will not fight Khabib. They're friends. This has been said many times now. There is literally no point in moving up to 170

ok hell in a cell
Ya that was pretty nitpicky of me. OK, here goes.

Khabib either retired or is taking a break. His choice. It was Dana's choice to not strip him of the belt. Blame Dana for any lingering issues around belt, champion and rematches, because Khabib has already said his peace. It's Dana dragging it out, not Khabib.

Conor is good. Really good. Was and is. He hurt Dustin. But Dustin went on to beat him with MMA fundamentals. And Conor clearly didn't train calf kicks. He's been out of the game since their massive revival, so maybe that's why. But Dustin schooled him, first with game plan then with execution. What happens next is up to Conor. It wouldn't surprise me if he trained hard and came back like he did after Nate 1, nor would it surprise me if he prices himself out of any more bouts.

The biggest problem fans have with Conor is that Dana lets him cut lines - entertainment vs merit. That issue existed before Conor and will after, but Conor takes what was a subtle problem and made it exponentially more obvious. And many fans hate him for it (again, instead of placing the hate where it belongs, Dana White).

My honest opinion is we fans should just forget about them both. And if they choose to come back, great.

Last edited:
Usman will not fight Khabib. They're friends. This has been said many times now. There is literally no point in moving up to 170

Nah sorry I don't buy that. Khabib keeps saying that Islam is the future of 155 so if he really believes that he can move up to let Islam fulfill his claim.

Yes Usman and Khabib are friendly and I could be wrong but I don't recall Khabib ever saying he would never fight Usman. I do recall Usman saying he wouldn't fight Khabib but Usman also said he would never fight izzy and some other guys as well. Usman is an ass kisser. Khabib is a competitor and if he was at 170 and in line for a title shot I have no doubt he would fight Usman.

Usman is fighting his own teammate Burns next month. It's not like Usman and Khabib are in those bathhouses together <45> Also no guarantee Usman would even still be the title holder by the time Khabib would fight for the 170 title.

The whole two division thing is played out for me.

Defend and hold your title at one division.

No fighter can maintain and defend through two divisions.

So, what's the point?

Just to say, hey I went up and skipped a line of contenders and beat one guy at the top in another division, he he he I'm goat

Nah sorry I don't buy that. Khabib keeps saying that Islam is the future of 155 so if he really believes that he can move up to let Islam fulfill his claim.

Yes Usman and Khabib are friendly and I could be wrong but I don't recall Khabib ever saying he would never fight Usman. I do recall Usman saying he wouldn't fight Khabib but Usman also said he would never fight izzy and some other guys as well. Usman is an ass kisser. Khabib is a competitor and if he was at 170 and in line for a title shot I have no doubt he would fight Usman.

Usman is fighting his own teammate Burns next month. It's not like Usman and Khabib are in those bathhouses together <45> Also no guarantee Usman would even still be the title holder by the time Khabib would fight for the 170 title.

Because Khabib has been adament in the past he doesnt have the physique, reach, power to be a real welterweight, he simply doesnt want to. How hard is it to understand ? You are just trying to decide for him what he should do with his career. Khabib is not fightin Usman, full stop. He wanted to be in the UFC, he got it. He wanted to be UFC champ, he got it. He achieved all his goals and UFC dreams, he has nothing to prove anymore to anyone. And fighting your own team mates is never easy, most would rather avoid it if they can.

For your OP I agree with you, but your take on how how khabib should go to ww is just bias on your part.

Whats the point? Not only did Dustin take down Conor. He took him down with a kinda shitty takedown.
Khabibs doesn't even want to fight and Conor is past it. Couple millionaires doing more interesting things now. Khabibs wrestling is good enough now, he doesn't need to do more double legs, he needs to focus on growing wireless coverage and eliminating homosexuality in Dagestan.

It's not like 155lb division needs this. Oliveria, Chandler, maybe Islam, and probably some new dude who is going to do some amazing shit in the next 6 months. Shits good.

Because Khabib has been adament in the past he doesnt have the physique, reach, power to be a real welterweight, he simply doesnt want to. How hard is it to understand ? You are just trying to decide for him what he should do with his career. Khabib is not fightin Usman, full stop. He wanted to be in the UFC, he got it. He wanted to be UFC champ, he got it. He achieved all his goals and UFC dreams, he has nothing to prove anymore to anyone. And fighting your own team mates is never easy, most would rather avoid it if they can.

For your OP I agree with you, but your take on how how khabib should go to ww is just bias on your part.

That's fair and maybe it is bias on my part. Obviously no one can decide for him. Maybe as a fan I am just saying what seems obvious to me. I agree his frame is better suited for 155 but IF he is looking for challenges a move up in weight seems like the obvious solution. Again he has had weigh issues and missed weight at 155 to it's not that crazy to imagine him at 170. Obviously all fans opinions are #1 bullshit and he's going to do whatever he wants.

He’s getting trashed because he has made a career of trashing everyone else before and after fights.

good guy Conor, it’s not like people have 24hr memories.

That's fair and maybe it is bias on my part. Obviously no one can decide for him. Maybe as a fan I am just saying what seems obvious to me. I agree his frame is better suited for 155 but IF he is looking for challenges a move up in weight seems like the obvious solution. Again he has had weigh issues and missed weight at 155 to it's not that crazy to imagine him at 170. Obviously all fans opinions are #1 bullshit and he's going to do whatever he wants.

I think he would benefit from a 165lb weightclass, but not gonna happen anytime soon unfortunately.
And I do remember old interviews of him and his dad where it was obvious he was not interested in a long career.

Brah are you Khabib hater or what? U started out going I bash Conor and its fun then you switch to But Conor really is great and Khabib just needs to do this and do that and its Khabib fault.. You don't sound neutral at all.... Sounds like your a big Conor fan and u want people to stop laughing at Conor.

Here is the Facts The press has been asking Dana, Dana has said it over and over.. Khabib retired... Point blank.. Dana went on to say Its on me to strip him but I won't.. I refuse too because I want him to fight one more match... Khabib done said NO NO NO NO.. and idiots like you are still going Khabib needs to Retire.. HE DID.. ITS DANA... But some how you keep wanting to blame Khabib stop..

Then you go on Hugging Conor nuts even more with the Khabib never wanted to move up Conor Did.. OMG BOO HOOO But but Conor did.. really my guy. Conor looks like a street rat when he fought Aldo.. Conor had no choice.. He only moved up because he couldn't keep making that weight, he made it once got the title never went back.. Had to move up.. He is now fighting where he should be.. Khabib had weight problems before he had a nutritionists .. Once Daniel got him a Nutritionist he never had that problem again.

Alot of these guys should move up.. I use to wrestle no one ever fights at their weight class.. Its just the way it is.. Look at Jones look at Izzy almost everyone Holloway all of these guys are cutting weight to get an advantage.. Usman is cutting weight.. So on so forth.. Stop hating man..

I agree with everything except the Khabib moving to 170 part. Khabibib should be stripped of the belt and offered the GSP superfight at catchweight and end his career that way. Dana'sopposition to that fight baffles me.

https://www.livingmma.com/news/kama...-fight-khabib-nurmagomedov-or-israel-adesanya

Usman's own words. He would never fight Khabib. Even if he wanted to, he can't force Usman to fight him.

Also, him and Burns are teammates but they aren't close according to Burns

Back