What does Dustin need to do to surpass Benson, BJ or RDA in terms of ATG LW’s?

Destino2018

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Resume wise I think he’s already past them but if he gets the belt would he have surpassed then as LW’s?

I already have him above Benson and RDA.

If he beats Oliveira for the belt and defends it against Gaethje or Chandler then that would move him past BJ for me.

His LW record is leaps and bounds better than all 3.

Dustin is #2 LW of all time

He needs to get the real belt and defend it at least once. He has beaten most of the top guys. If he beats Oliveira for the belt, then defends against Chandler or Justin, I think he has a good case for #2 ATG LW. The Conor rematch is possible. RDA is a fresh match up and former Champ. Nate Diaz is floating around too. Tony is probably too far down the ranks now. Dustin is in a really good place right now.

Win the undisputed belt and defend it.

Dustin is easily the second greatest lightweight to ever fight. Idk what TS is smoking but I want some.

Dustin's resume is so bananas I can't even argue against this even as a BJ fan. Its close. Dustin just needs the gold and even just one defense. Look at the names and body of work. He's beaten some all time greats and former champs.

It's a weird case. His resume is extremely good but he was never the #1 LW at any time in his career.

He might be now but only because Khabib is out. If he can take the belt now I would support his case as #2 all time.

Back