Lightweight showcase card

Bad Karate

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Charlie Olives vs Dustin for the strap

Chandler vs Justin co main for the next shot

Paul felder vs Tony to appease the just bleed gods and set the tone

Khabib sitting front row watching them kill each other for number 2.

A. How fucking awesome would this card be just I those 3 fights alone. Put whatever top 15 wmma fights you want in the other two spots for all I care.

B. Most importantly who wins these matchups and why?

I got Charles mainly because I know damn well Tony Ferguson can grapple and he absolutely dominated him. 55% confidence in this pick it wouldn't surprise me at all if Dustin boxed his face off either. Its a great matchup.

I see Justin vs Chandler being absolutely crazy the entire time it lasts. Maybe its a Diaz/Daley 1 round classic where they both drop each other face first or maybe both of the chins hold up and they get FOTY? I got Chandler by 1st round tko. Justin is too hittable and Chandler hit Hooker so hard he retires right after...... Hookers don't even usually retire ;) 70 percent confident

Tony vs Paul is the fight we won't get but we can dream right bros? I think its a great matchup right now as it would be the biggest win of Paul's career and would give Tony a winnable fight to get back on track in style. I think its a banger for 2 rounds and a bloody Tony drops a bloody Paul (that sounds gross lol) and snatches his neck for the win. 90 %

Who's streaming?

These fights all need to be five rounds. The skill of these guys deserve it. I love stacked cards, but if some of the fights headline ESPN+ cards, I wouldn't be mad at it at all.

I think it has to be Porier vs Chandler for the strap next.

You (Uncle Dana) don't just bring over the biggest name in Bellator, at least at LW, and pay him very well per UFC standards to put Charles Oliveira in a title shot over him.

Oliveira is semi-screwed here but also, not really. Outside of the Ferguson win, he was on a nice streak but there's a lot of mid-tier competition there.

Chandler is a Bellator Champion (tm) and I just think him knocking Hooker dead on the same card, idk all the shit combined. It has to be Chandler-Porier. Charles can wait it out for the winner, or fight someone else in the mean time. It's also not ideal because Gaethje has lost to Dustin already by KO I believe, so if he beats Chandler it's whack.

Plus Dana said he wanted Chandler Poirier if Khabib is out

Khabib stays retired and puts the belt around the new Champ OR he goes in the cage and respectfully calls out Charles to a scrap (if Dustin wins he may as well stay retired).

I think it has to be Porier vs Chandler for the strap next.

You (Uncle Dana) don't just bring over the biggest name in Bellator, at least at LW, and pay him very well per UFC standards to put Charles Oliveira in a title shot over him.

Oliveira is semi-screwed here but also, not really. Outside of the Ferguson win, he was on a nice streak but there's a lot of mid-tier competition there.

Chandler is a Bellator Champion (tm) and I just think him knocking Hooker dead on the same card, idk all the shit combined. It has to be Chandler-Porier. Charles can wait it out for the winner, or fight someone else in the mean time. It's also not ideal because Gaethje has lost to Dustin already by KO I believe, so if he beats Chandler it's whack.

I think Porier will insist on Charles or a rematch with Conor. After donating 500K to Porier's charity he has a lot of goodwill to make the rematch. Has the most confidence to beat him IMO.

Oliverira vs Poirier is really a tossup. Really can't wait to see how that fight plays out.

Gaethje vs Chandler - I think Justin takes this. His boxing defense, cardio and chin are way better than Hooker's plus he wouldn't be so frightened of TD attempts to leave his chin so open. Chandler really didn't like the one leg kick Hooker landed on him and he'd be facing the best leg kicker in this division.

Ferguson vs Felder - it depends a lot on where Tony is at physically and mentally, though I think he might still be too much for Felder.

BTW I appreciate your idea TS, but honestly these fights need to be 5 rounds.

Back