Could Dustin be in the middle of a RDA-like run?

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Khabib was the only loss in RDA's run to the title. Dustin only Loss was to Khabib and is now on a two fight streak. Could we see something similiar on his run to the title? Let's hope so.

upload_2021-1-25_1-41-22.png

upload_2021-1-25_1-42-11.png

Poirier is a fucking beast, if the dude beats Oliveira and say Chandler wins 1 more and then Poirier beats him too, his resume at LW will be clearly better than Khabibs.

Diego Ferreira (legitimately top 10 guy)

Alvarez (top 5 LW at time they fought, former UFC and Bellator LW champ)

Max Holloway (beat the current 145lb champ and one of the best strikers in the sport going toe to toe for 5 rounds)

Gaethje (top 5 LW, goes on to be top 10 p4p and a title contender)

Dan Hooker (top 10/Solid LW)

Conor McGregor (former LW and FW champ, top 5 LW, Poirier was the first man to ever KO Conor)

Anthony Pettis (former UFC and WEC champion, not completely washed at the time, still a top 10 LW)

You know if Poirier beats say Oliveira, then Chandler then Islam Makhachev (lets pretend Islam gets on a winstreak) thats a way better LW Resume than the Khabibs.

Poirier is a fucking beast, if the dude beats Oliveira and say Chandler wins 1 more and then Poirier beats him too, his resume at LW will be clearly better than Khabibs.

Diego Ferreira (legitimately top 10 guy)

Alvarez (top 5 LW at time they fought, former UFC and Bellator LW champ)

Max Holloway (beat the current 145lb champ and one of the best strikers in the sport going toe to toe for 5 rounds)

Gaethje (top 5 LW, goes on to be top 10 p4p and a title contender)

Dan Hooker (top 10/Solid LW)

Conor McGregor (former LW and FW champ, top 5 LW, Poirier was the first man to ever KO Conor)

Anthony Pettis (former UFC and WEC champion, not completely washed at the time, still a top 10 LW)

You know if Poirier beats say Oliveira, then Chandler then Islam Makhachev (lets pretend Islam gets on a winstreak) thats a way better LW Resume than the Khabibs.
I can't argue with that. He'll have more names on his resume, but it wouldn't matter because Khabib beat him. He'd never be over than Khabib All time. Khabib made him look like an amateur

Reactions: JAL
I think Dustin stops both Oliveira and Conor again, but then loses to Islam, if Islam gets that far. All this just match-up wise. Without Khabib Islam has that style to cause Poirier problems with his lack of TDD/guard game.

middle ????????

Hes already past the point of RDA s run ( except he hasnt won title yet ).

Dustin has evolved over the past several years and he will remain a fixture as a top 3 155er for years to come ( maybe champ)

RDA had a great run but in hindsight- he lost his title to " an other side of career Alvarez " and fizzled after that. His win over Pettis his best win but timing and circumstances had him in good position before that. He seems to be making a comeback at LW but we'll see how that goes.

Taking a hard look at Dustin's comp and run vs RDAs .....

DP > RDA

middle ????????

Hes already past the point of RDA s run ( except he hasnt won title yet ).

Dustin has evolved over the past several years and he will remain a fixture as a top 3 155er for years to come ( maybe champ)

RDA had a great run but in hindsight- he lost his title to " an other side of career Alvarez " and fizzled after that. His win over Pettis his best win but timing and circumstances had him in good position before that. He seems to be making a comeback at LW but we'll see how that goes.

Taking a hard look at Dustin's comp and run vs RDAs .....

DP > RDA
I didn't mean it that way, I mean being on a similar run where Khabib was his only blemish on the way to the title.

If he can beat Oliviera and get the title his run would be insanely impressive.

I guess shit posts like these is how one gets over 13,000 posts in a years time?

He already is, everyone he's beat bar Hooker since the loss to MJ has been a former champ.

Eddie x2
Pettis
Gaethje
Max
Conor x2

Not to be slept on at all anymore.

I can't argue with that. He'll have more names on his resume, but it wouldn't matter because Khabib beat him. He'd never be over than Khabib All time. Khabib made him look like an amateur

Right, I said better resume, not better fighter.

I guess shit posts like these is how one gets over 13,000 posts in a years time?
Not a shitpost at all, but @Peli 's rise has certainly been meteoric, reminiscent of Khamzat without the can - crushing.

Dustin is among the LW GOATs already, certainly top 3 after he gets the belt.

the title fight would be really good - finally a competitive match!

He is.

I wish that RDA hadn't gotten injured and IMO he would have smashed the fuck outta conor at that point.

But instead we had Nate reveal conor as no heart.

A few years later Floyd showed that despite all his (and is fans) talk he is not and never was a skilled boxer and floyd took his brain via CTE

A couple of years later Khabib came and turned conor in to coward who mid fight basically verbally gave up - Khabib took his soul.

This year - Dustin took what was left - his body, his chin, and his dignity .

He has his hands full with Charles though and at least he'll be challenged.

Not a shitpost at all, but @Peli 's rise has certainly been meteoric, reminiscent of Khamzat without the can - crushing.
Lol. I got no life man. It's sad, so I don't take the 13k posts barbs seriously. It is what it is

<WhatItIs>

Lol. I got no life man. It's sad, so I don't take the 13k posts barbs seriously. It is what it is

The irony of someone on a forum telling another person they have no life because of their post count, I mean that sounds exactly like what someone without a life would do o_Oo_O:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Back